Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
dreaded "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration" messages Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreaded "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration" messages

Hi:
    I am aware of all the conversations, wiki posts about this error. But, in the past few days, projects and workspaces which, I thought, has been resolved are now showing up with the dreaded "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration". Further, I now get a separate Maven error with the description "null"...nothing else.

Has anybody seen this happen? Projects and workspaces that were fine forever and now, suddenly, are not?

thanks
    Edwin

Hey!

So I guess you solved the "plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration" once by changing the pom.xml files, right? (adding the ignore piece). Is that correct? If that is the case, I would recommend to do a project clean build to see what happens. Is there anything in the Error Log view showing up that seems to be related? Maybe a stack trace that could help us to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

I also guess that you haven't installed/updated anything of your IDE in combination with this problem, right? Otherwise I would try to start STS with the -clean option (in the case something went wrong there).

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin:

Thanks for replying. Yes, I have performed all the steps and now have clean projects in the workspace.

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen....these errors suddenly popping up when the projects were clean a month ago. It may be because I loaded an upgraded version of m2e.

Edwin

Comment

Hey!

Which version of m2e did you use before what version do you use now?

-Martin

Comment

Hi:

Sorry for the delay in responding. The current version is 1.0.200.20111228-1245. I cannot recall what the previous version was.....I believe it was the version, of m2e, that came with the upgrade to 2.9.1 (does that make sense?)

Thanks, Edwin

Comment

Hey Edwin!

The error message that you describe is produced my the new m2e versions that we are using since STS 2.8.0 (m2e 1.x). Those problems weren't reported in STS or m2e versions previous to that 1.x versions of m2e. Therefore I guess the problems begin to appear in your setting after switching to m2e 1.x by using STS 2.8.x or beyond, I guess.

So yes, your observation makes perfect sense that these problems appear after switching to STS 2.9.1 (and therefore m2e 1.0.200).

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

Thanks, Martin

I guess I'll have to just fix these as they pop up on any older projects that I open up.

Comment

Hey Edwin!

Yes, to make the projects work with the newer m2e versions you need to fix those errors when they show up in the pom.xml (using the quick fix). We know that this is not really the best solution, but there was no way for us to work around this "feature" of the new m2e version.

HTH,
                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                X