Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Newer STS versions are corrupting .svn/pristine files when .svn is in project root Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer STS versions are corrupting .svn/pristine files when .svn is in project root

I just upgraded from STS 2.6.x to the latest (2.9.1) to get Spring 3.1.x support.

My project looks something like this (note that the root level of the project is a SVN repo checkout)

/.svn
    /.classpath
    /.project
    /src

etc etc.

The enhanced move/rename features for Java types which force a textual file search/replace are automatically picking up matches in the /.svn/pristine subfolders. I didn't notice this the first few times around, and just realized this is what is corrupting my local checkouts.

I haven't so far been able to prevent STS from automatically finding files in my .svn pristines, so I have to very carefully un-check the textual file matches in the .svn folder during any refactoring move/rename of packages.

I shouldn't have to do this manually..

The result, if STS modifies one of the pristines, is that the local checkout is corrupt forever. There is no way to fix it, besides a clean checkout. Hence the term "pristine"

Logged JIRA issue https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2596

Comment

Working...
    X