Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuration of spring mvc built by springsource tool suite

Hi,

I have used an existing demo version of spring mvc project built from springsource tool suite, but I want to expand the front pages and backend models, is there any document to tell me how to update existing configuration files such s web-application-config.xml, web.xml, and expand layours and controllers and src/main/java files on Eclipse IDE ?

thanks.

Hi!

You can edit those files directly within your IDE. If you have a plain Eclipse IDE, you won't see any special support, but having Spring IDE and/or the full SpringSource Tool Suite installed, you will get content-assist, auto-completion, quick-fixes, etc. when working with Spring XML config files.

As for what exactly to put into those files in your case, I would refer to the documentation of the Spring project (the MVC section) and the Spring MVC blogs that are out there.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Thank you for the information. Martin. I have installed SpringSource Tool Suite, will try to play with it as you suggest.
      I also have a general question, if I am developping a new web application, between MVC and Struts, which one is better? I plan to use MVC.

thanks.

hui

Comment

Hey!

I would favor MVC over Struts.

-Martin

Comment

Ok, hope it is simply to use.

Comment

Working...
          X