Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to build springide from source (from trunk) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to build springide from source (from trunk)

    Hi!

    Thanks for fixing issue #164!

    What is the easiest way to build springide from source from the commandline(when fetching the latest source from trunk in svn)?

    btw: what is the status of http://springide.org/updatesite_dev/? Do you have any plans to start nightly builds?

    TIA!


    -Kaj

  • #2
    Kaj,

    Originally posted by kajh
    Thanks for fixing issue #164!
    You're welcome :-)

    Originally posted by kajh
    What is the easiest way to build springide from source from the commandline(when fetching the latest source from trunk in svn)?
    There's no easy way to build Spring IDE from command line by only getting the source code from SVN. This is because Eclipse's plugin-in development toolkit (PDE) is used for compiling and packaging Spring IDE (please refer to http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringideBuild for further information).

    Originally posted by kajh
    btw: what is the status of http://springide.org/updatesite_dev/?
    It's only used for development updates, e.g. preview versions of the upcoming Spring Webflow editor.

    Originally posted by kajh
    Do you have any plans to start nightly builds?
    Yes, we tried to set up an automatic build environment but we faced problems running Eclipse's PDE headless on our public Linux root server.

    Cheers,
    Torsten

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Torsten Juergeleit
      There's no easy way to build Spring IDE from command line by only getting the source code from SVN. This is because Eclipse's plugin-in development toolkit (PDE) is used for compiling and packaging Spring IDE (please refer to http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringideBuild for further information).

      Thank you for answering! I will give this a try!


      -Kaj

      Comment

      Working...
      X