Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo : comands waiting for something

Hi, I have a problem with roo 1.2.0 & STS 2.9.1
    I started new Roo project, define some entities, conrollers e.t.c, everything works fine , but then I wants to add extJs lib in my project. I copied it in /webapp/js/extjs, and after that roo shell in STS do not work. any comand not only Roo from the shell shows in Progress view like (Waiting).

Illustration:http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4923/waitp.jpg
    P.S. From system console (not from STS) Roo still works fine.

Have anyone any suggestions?
    Last edited by glebiuskv; Apr 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM.

Hey!

I don't know already what this could be, but I would be very happy if you could help me figure that out. First, do you have some exact steps how to reproduce this behavior? Something very stupid and detailed from the start, so that I can be sure that I did exactly the same as you?

Aside of that, can you start STS from the command line and do the same? While executing commands in the Roo shell within STS, you sometimes see problems appearing only on the console output when running STS from the command line. This is not really nice and we should change this behavior, but that is how it is at the moment.

Another analysis input could be: when you are waiting for STS to finish (and nothing happens), could you take a thread dump (using "jps" on the command line first to figure out the process ID of STS and then "jstack" with the ID to capture the thread dumps). Sometimes it is possible to see where the app is hanging or waiting for something.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!!
    -Martin

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2...2012133756.png
      this is the the console output from sts - start to "waiting".
      The ERROR was on startup before sts completely loaded.
      I opened roo console in sts, printed hint but there was no reaction? ad then a press refresh(f5).

and this is my dump http://dumpz.org/199533/
      I have this problem with oracle jdk_1.7 on windows and on linux
      P.S. I tried on standalone just instaled STS and on my work sts-eclipse plugin
      Last edited by glebiuskv; Apr 25th, 2012, 12:55 AM. Reason: P.S. added

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for the details. This looks like a file access problem when running Spring Roo from within STS. Can you make sure that the Spring Roo and STS installation directories have the correct access permissions? And I also remember people reporting a problem when using JDK 7 in this situation. Can you try running with a JDK 6?

-Martin

Comment

Hello Martin,
          It`s not a permission problem. On win i have all permissions.
          Later I`ll tell about my JDK6 experience.

Comment

forgot to ask the obvious question: its not installed into "Program Files" under Windows, right?
            -Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
              forgot to ask the obvious question: its not installed into "Program Files" under Windows, right?
              -Martin
              Right. Shood it be?
              Under windows i have standalone STS distribution which simply unziped in the development\IDE folder on one of my secondary disks
              Last edited by glebiuskv; Apr 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Hey!

That sounds good... Having STS installed into Program Files causes problems with Roo, tc Server and others who want to write something into their directories... Ok, so that is not the problem here... Please let me know what your JDK6 experience is...

Cheers,
                -Martin

Comment

I will try it this evening.

Comment

Working...
                  X