Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradle Plugin Annoyances

Hi All,

First off, let me say great work on the gradle plugin so far. It is really getting to where it needs to be and bridging the gap for devs who prefer using nothing but the IDE.

However one problem I've been havinng is using the gradle plugin with an SCM. I prefer multi-module gradle projects but it seems I cannot easily check these in to version control or check them out. And even when I do get them in and out, I have to jump through several hoops to make it work (for example, checkout project, delete it, then re-import from filesystem as gradle project).

Is there a right way to do this? Or will this be fixed in 3.0.0? For now I am more than happy of using svn or git from the terminal but just curious when it might be doable completely from the IDE?

Hi James,

Please also see my answer in this other thread:
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...-using-Eclipse

Please raise Jira issue. Try to be as specific as possible on your typical workflow and what it is you would need to get it to work (an issue like 'provide support for working with SVN + Gradle' while valid is very broad. As such it would be less likely to get implemented quickly as it may be a lot of work. But if you can think of "small steps" that would make your life/workflow easier it is more likely to get implemented in the shorter term.

Kris

Comment

Thanks for the quick repy!

I'll try to map out some small steps to make it easier. I realized it's a lot of work, especially since it took the m2eclipse guys a long time to do the same thing (and even still it has some glitches once in awhile).

Thanks,
      James

Comment

Working...
      X