Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unable to start VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.6 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to start VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.6

Hi All,

I am a beginner in Spring.

I am using Windows vista ultimate-32 bit OS.

I have downloaded the following STS zip file from STS download page.
    -> "springsource-tool-suite-2.9.1.RELEASE-e3.7.2-win32"

And extracted the same to "E:\springsource-tool-suite-2.9.1.RELEASE-e3.7.2-win32".

Now i have started sts and created a new dynamic web project.

When i am trying to run my web project on "VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.6" server,
    I am getting following error
    -> Port 8080 required by VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.6 is already in use. The server may already be running in another process, or a system process may be using the port. To start this server you will need to stop the other process or change the port number(s).

I have tried with various port nos other than 8080 like 8081,8084,9080 etc but still getting same error related to these port nos as well.

I have also ran "NETSTAT -p tcp -ano" command in command prompt to find if any process is running on these ports but found none.

Can anyone show me any pointer to go ahead.

Thanks to all...
    Upasana Das

It may be your firewall that is blocking tc server.
    Check it!

Comment

Thanks for your information.
      Now i am able to successfully start my VMware vFabric tc server after disabling the firewal of my McAfee antivirus.

I know that this is not the right forum to post this following questionn but still i want a solution as disabling firewall is not a good idea as one may need internet connection while working on the server say just to google out something:
      So should i have to compromise my firewall setting while running my VMware vFabric tc server or can anyone suggest any other solution so that i can safely use internet while working with this server.

Thanks in advance...
      Upasana

Comment

Your firewall should have config for white-listing certain ports or apps. Look for it in its documentation.

Comment

Working...
        X