Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem creating a new Roo project

Hi,

I have a new installation (unzip) of STS 2.9.1 with Datanucleus and Google plugin extensions installed. I create a new workspace and create a new Spring roo project and in some cases (not always but quite often), the prompt in the Roo shell to "Please standby until the Roo shell is fully loaded" does not go away.

This also seems to happen when creating a second roo project after invoking a script in a freshly created new roo project where an error occurred (i.e. creating an entity with the name Transaction).

Any idea what gives? Should a JIRA be raised?

Always check "Progress" tab to see if there are some tasks running. Some (updating Maven stuff) can take looong time, thus forcing Roo to wait for their completion.

Delete .m2 folder from your home directory (it will force Eclipse to set up Maven repo again)
    Use xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxxx instead of xxxxx.xxxxx as your package name (as some report it as issue)

If that is not helping check out Roo 1.3 (in development but have seen link to it on this forum somewhere)

Wish you luck!

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned, there was nothing in the Progress view when this problem was occurring.

Comment

The "Please standby..." issue is a known issue, though we still don't have a resolution. Are you re-creating a Roo project with the same name when you run into this problem?

Comment

Could you post the JIRA number for this problem

Originally posted by ldossantos View Post
          The "Please standby..." issue is a known issue, though we still don't have a resolution. Are you re-creating a Roo project with the same name when you run into this problem?
          Could this be put in the release notes?

Comment

Hey!

I documented this in this JIRA:
            https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2607

This should be fixed, since its not obvious why the Roo Shell doesn't open up.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X