• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java compile errors not displayed in problems view

SSTS Details:
    Version: 2.9.1.RELEASE
    Build Id: 201203221000

Here's the situation. I have several Maven projects in my workspace and each one has the AspectJ plugin associated with them which was done automatically during the import. Everything builds fine and I don't get any java compile errors but if I do something malicious, such as purposely create a compile error, it's not reported in the problems view. An example:

Code:
    public class WheresMyError {
      private String property;

public String getProperty() {
         return property;  
      }

HERE's A BIG FAT COMPILE ERROR!!!

public void setProperty(String property) {
        this.property = property;
      }
    }
    The big fat compile error doesn't show up in the problems view (set to defaults). I have done the following things to try and get the error in the view:
    • clean
    • refresh
    • restart SSTS
    • update project configuration
    • update dependencies

None of the above makes a difference. Now the interesting piece. If I remove the AspectJ Capability from the project then my errors show up in the view. Of course I need the AspectJ Capability so that my configurable classes work during Integration tests and deploys to TC Server.

So is this just broken or am I missing some point of configuration that remedies this?

Thanks for any advice,
    John

I have an update.

I made some changes to the validation preferences in STS and turned off XML validation. After it rebuilt the workspace I am now seeing the compile error in the problems view but it doesn't have an associated path element. Double clicking on the error does not bring up the resource in question (does nothing).

In the Package Explorer view the project is now marked as in error but the resource causing the error is not marked.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in answering this question. You are hitting this bug, which had been introduced in a recent dev snapshot:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=377362

It will be fixed in the next dev snapshot. You can use this update site to get the latest (which should be available in a few hours):

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/37/dev/update/

Comment

Working...
      X