Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Eclipse Indigo updated to STS from Nightly, but NOTHING change.... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse Indigo updated to STS from Nightly, but NOTHING change....

Did updated Eclipse Indigo for JEE Devs per this instructions.

However after succesfull installation, and restart of eclipse I see NO changes.
    No Dashborad, No spring entry in "Help -> About Eclipse"

Eclipse treat STS components as installed though.

1) What is wrong?
    2) Are there build of nightly STS, apart from Updates from sites?

Hi!

Is there a Spring perspective showing up in the list of perspectives, for example?
    If not, can you restart your Eclipse with the -clean option once, to see if that helps?
    If that doesn't help, can you take a look at the Error Log to see if there is anything related showing up and post the error message here?
    If there is nothing showing up, can you please open the console view, switch to the OSGi Host Console, type in "ss" for short status and see if the Spring IDE and STS bundles are in resolved/lazy/active state? If some of them are in the "INSTALLED" state, can you type "diag" followed by the number or name of that bundle?

-Martin

Comment

1) No Spring perspective.
      2) -clean change nothing.
      3) Error Log show only errors caused by my trying to install those extensions agains. (Eclipse see tham as alredy installed)
      4) I do not know what OSGi Host Console is or how to turn Show View -> Console into it :|

Comment

Hey!

If you open a Console view, there is a menu on the top right with a drop-down where you can select which console you would like to open (Java Stack Trace Console, CVS, etc.) and there should be a menu entry for "Host OSGi Console". If you select that, you can interact with the OSGi runtime inside your Eclipse/STS.

I know, its pretty low level and no user of Eclipse/STS should ever need to deal with this. But its the only way I can think of, at the moment, to figure out what is wrong with your installation. Once you have that console open, you should see a little prompt in the console view and you should be able to type in commands like "ss" for short status. Then you get a list of all the bundles that are currently installed into your running Eclipse/STS. And then take a look at those for Spring IDE and STS. If there is something just showing up as "INSTALLED", something is wrong.

As a workaround, you can always go to http://www.springsource.org/springso...suite-download and download a fully configured and ready-to-use STS version that includes Eclipse Indigo SR2 (JEE package).

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

No I can not :|

STS seam to not like me.
          It is not creating proper Roo projects! Not on Win, not on Lin. Even standalone Roo have problems. And Roo 1.3 is good but also is giving some (other) problems.

However I would gladly accept link to Nightly build of STS.

OSGi Console is not present there !!!
          Just:
          Java Stack Trace
          Maven
          CVS
          New Console View.

PS I do not mind "low-level" stuff. I'm just completly green to Eclipse.

Comment

Hey!

There is no "OSGi console" available from your console view? That is strange... But as you said, if you are not afraid of low-level stuff, lets go... ;-)

Can you start STS from the command line using the -console option? This should give you the OSGi console on the command line directly. Having that you should see an "osgi" prompt. You can enter, for example, the "ss" command (for short status). That should produce soem kind of long list of installed bundles. Can you take a look at this list? Is there anything in the list that is in the "INSTALLED" state instead of something else? If so, can you run the command "diag" followed by the ID of that bundle and post the output here? I assume there is something broken in the installation...

BTW: Do you need the nightly updates for STS? Just asking because it seems that you are trying to update your STS from the nightly builds instead of using the ready-to-use distribution release packages...

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X