Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching with what search pattern for maven dependencies?

What can a user do to improve search results of packages? Far too often I find myself having to google for the proper name of a package and even then I often get the wrong results or zero. Instead I typically add the dependency by directly editing the pom. This done the package is found and downloaded in a majority of cases.

Is this the current state of the "add dependency" functionality in STS? Or am I'm missing the proper way to use it?

I usually try just the [framework_name-package_name] as a string and if that doesn't work I add an "*" so I have "[framework_name-package_name]*". Usually the asterisk doesn't make a difference, nor dropping the framework part of the name and prefixing with an asterisk "*[package_name]*".

What's the best search pattern when searching the maven repositories for packages that should be in there?

Hi!

I would also try to ask the newsgroups and forums of the Maven Integration for Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/). Some m2e experts might only monitor those groups and forums instead of the STS one here.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
    X