X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weblogic Error - Spring tags

I'm getting an error when i try to access a page with spring taglibs.
    During the deploy there are not any error.

Error:

personAdd.jsp:2:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
    <%@ taglib uri="http://www.springframework.org/tags/form" prefix="form" %>

Weblogic: 12c
    Sts: 2.9.1

Has anyone had this error ??

i already read some solutions in foruns like add this at weblogic.xml but doesn't work:

Code:
     <wls:container-descriptor>
    		<wls:prefer-web-inf-classes>true</wls:prefer-web-inf-classes>
    	</wls:container-descriptor>
        <wls:container-descriptor>
            <wls:index-directory-enabled>true</wls:index-directory-enabled>
        </wls:container-descriptor>
    Here is a prinscreen from error
    Attachment
    Attached Files

I'm the only one with this problem? i tried with other versions of weblogic but the problem persist...
    I'm a bit stuck now with spring because of this..

Comment

Hey!

Did you try to deploy your app without STS, just to see if this is a STS deployment related problem or something else?

-Martin

Comment

Hi I am also getting problem deploying with STS on Weblogic 12c. When using Eclipse its working fine (My college is able to deploy with eclipse 3.8 on weblogic)

Comment

Hey!

Do you have any more details for me? I guess you installed some extension/plugin to work with Weblogic, is that correct? And is there maybe anything showing up in the error log? What happens exactly when you drag&drop your app on the Weblogic server in your Servers view inside STS?

-Martin

Comment

Hi,

I Have downloaded Oracle Enterprise pack for eclipse Indigo from this update site http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/indigo

Using this I am able to configure Weblogic 12c with STS.

I do now see anything strange while publishing, but when server application getting launched that time getting error failed to compile JSP with above error... I am pasting some log file entries...

####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:31 PM IST> <Info> <Deployer> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '9' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1358424031997> <BEA-149074> <Successfully completed deployment task: [Deployer:149026]start application _auto_generated_ear_ on AdminServer..>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033239> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param verbose initialized to: true>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033239> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param packagePrefix initialized to: jsp_servlet>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033239> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param compilerclass initialized to: null>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033240> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param compileCommand initialized to: javac>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033240> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param compilerval initialized to: javac>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033240> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param pageCheckSeconds initialized to: 1>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033240> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param encoding initialized to: null>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033240> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param superclass initialized to null>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033243> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: param workingDir initialized to: C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\domain1 \servers\AdminServer\tmp\_WL_user\_auto_generated_ ear_\4ef9yq>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:33 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424033244> <BEA-000000> <JspServlet: initialization complete>
            ####<Jan 17, 2013 5:30:35 PM IST> <Info> <ServletContext-/TokyoUI> <KUHANDA-LAP> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1358424035246> <BEA-000000> <login.jsp:3:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
            <%@ taglib uri="http://www.springframework.org/tags/form" prefix="form"%>
            ^----^
            login.jsp:3:5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
            <%@ taglib uri="http://www.springframework.org/tags/form" prefix="form"%>
            ^----^

Same configuration my collegue is able to run fine... another difference other than eclipse is weblogic version as well (he is running app on weblogic 10) I am trying to see if deploying my configuration on weblogic 10 works or not... Just to isolate eclipse / STS and server issue.

Regards

Comment

Hey!

Did you try to remove the space between @ and taglib? Maybe that helps...

Cheers,
              -Martin

Comment

Ya tried that already..

Comment

Hey!

Maybe it is related to this:
                  http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ot-be-resolved

-Martin

Comment

Ok.. some more info... If I have deploying the war file to the weblogic using weblogic admin tool I am able to run the render the jsp properly... But when I am using STS then I am having the problem.

Project -> Run as -> Run on Server option is failing while rendering the jsp.

More or less I feel this might be class path problem with my project... I will do some more investigation and post the result.

In mean while I have checked above link as well.. Seems like I have all the files in the pom.xml... I will investigate further.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for keeping us posted on this issue. In case it is a classpath issue, a look at the m2e, m2e-wtp, or wtp forums at Eclipse might help as well. Sorry for not being more helpful directly here...

-Martin

Comment

Hello,

I and my colleagues have the same issue. Our taglibs are not found by Weblogic 12c (12.1.1) if we use STS 3.2 and 3.3 to deploy our multi-module web application (using Java 7). If for deployment we use an order Eclipse JEE release, IntelliJ IDEA or the admin console, everything runs fine. The only taglib that seems to be found is the standard JSTL taglib. For all others, we get an error like this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: weblogic.servlet.jsp.CompilationException: Failed to compile JSP /WEB-INF/pages/index.jsp
                        index.jsp:2:22: Error in "C:\Development\tmp\portal-intern\web\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\pages\include.jsp" at line 5: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                        --%><%@ include file="/WEB-INF/pages/include.jsp"%><%--
                        ^--------------------------^
                        index.jsp:2:22: Error in "C:\Development\tmp\portal-intern\web\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\pages\include.jsp" at line 6: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                        index.jsp:2:22: Error in "C:\Development\tmp\portal-intern\web\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\pages\include.jsp" at line 7: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                        index.jsp:2:22: Error in "C:\Development\tmp\portal-intern\web\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\pages\include.jsp" at line 8: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.
                        index.jsp:2:22: Error in "C:\Development\tmp\portal-intern\web\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\pages\include.jsp" at line 9: No tag library could be found with this URI. Possible causes could be that the URI is incorrect, or that there were errors during parsing of the .tld file.

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute( ServletStubImpl.java:298)
                        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToM apException(ServletStubImpl.java:453)
                        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute( ServletStubImpl.java:364)
                        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute( ServletStubImpl.java:221)
                        at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.in vokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:564)
                        at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.fo rward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:263)
                        [...]
                        The lines before #5 are these:
                        <%-- these are the taglibs used in the prototype, these are included on each page --%><%--
                        --%><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %><%--
                        --%><%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" %><%--
                        --%><%@ taglib prefix="fn" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" %><%--
                        And after that, we have our MVC framework and the display taglib with entries like this:
                        --%><%@ taglib prefix="d" uri="http://displaytag.sf.net" %><%--
                        The comments are not the root cause as they just prevent blank newlines at the beginning of our rendered HTML.

What does work is the STS together with Weblogic 10.3 and 11g. It seems to be a specific problem with the combination of Oracle Weblogic 12c and its support within STS / Eclipse.

If you need more detailled information, I will happily provide them.

Kind regards,
                        Marcus

Comment

Hey Marcus!

Thanks for the additional details. This is a somewhat strange problem, since we don't do anything special to support (or not support) vertain versions of Weblogic in STS. We inherit all this from the standard Eclipse Webtools (and whatever Oracle plugin you install into STS). Therefore I am quite confused about the fact that this works with STS and Weblogic 10.3 and 11g, as well as with Eclipse and Weblogic 12c, but not with STS and Weblogic 12c.

Let me try to recap this:
                          - works when using vanilla Eclipse Kepler JEE edition (with Oracle Weblogic support installed) for all Weblogic versions (including 12c).
                          - works when using vanilla STS 3.3.0 based on Eclipse Kepler (with Oracle Weblogic support installed) for Weblogic 10 + 11.
                          - doesn't work when using vanilla STS 3.3.0 based on Eclipse Kepler (with Oracle Weblogic support installed) for Weblogic 12.

Is that correct?

Can you tell me exactly which add-ons you installed into STS to try this with Weblogic 12c?
                          And can you maybe attach a sample project that reproduces this issue?

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin
                            Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
                            Therefore I am quite confused about the fact that this works with STS and Weblogic 10.3 and 11g, as well as with Eclipse and Weblogic 12c, but not with STS and Weblogic 12c.
                            I have to admit that the deployment with the older Eclipse (not "order", just a typo) went on an older Weblogic server. So it is probably nothing that STS can fix itself. I just reported the issue in the Oracle forum as I fear that the problem is directly related to OEPE and Weblogic 12c. Their Eclipse plugin might handle some deployments in a wrong way.

Sorry for confusing you with wrong information...

Comment

Hey Marcus!

No problem at all. Would be great if you could post any results from the Oracle forum here as well, so that other users can benefit from that as well.

Thanks!
                              -Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X