Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Explorer tab NOT showing controllers and requests in STS 2.9.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Explorer tab NOT showing controllers and requests in STS 2.9.1

Sorry for the repost, I could not edit the post title - I felt the problem statement was not clear...

I did a clean install today, my third install - STS 2.9.1, on windows vista, JDK 1.6

After creating a new spring template project, I can run it using the embedded tc server.
    Insight works as well.

I am following along with the tutorial: http://s3.springsource.org/MVC/mvc-i...screencast.mp4

request mappings and controllers are not showing in the Spring Explorer window as they are in the tutorial.

I saw a 'resolved' issue referencing this behavior https://jira.springsource.org/browse/IDE-1164, says it was resolved in January.

Any help/advice?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Beck

Can you repost the tutorial you were working with? The URL is incomplete. What happens when you right-click on the sample project and select Spring Tools -> Show RequestMappings?

Comment

Originally posted by ldossantos View Post
      Can you repost the tutorial you were working with? The URL is incomplete. What happens when you right-click on the sample project and select Spring Tools -> Show RequestMappings?
      Well, several tutorials show it working. The spring explorer view is missing request mappings and controllers.

The "open type->jdbc template" shows the class in the editor and is supposed to download the source (according to another STS video tutorial), and doesn't. I tried other templates - no downloads.

I've been trying out MyEclipse for spring, I wish STS had the code generation capabilities, wealth of accurate tutorials, and the numerous working example projects (on the current release of STS) that ME4S has.

Spring is BIG, and complex to use and understand when getting started. Looking on blogs and on forums, many others have echoed my wish: a plea for better/more working example code for common use cases, and more accurate tutorials to accompany them.

Thanks,

Jeff Beck

Comment

Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree that we need to improve the tutorial and sample projects story within STS. We will work on this for future releases.

-Martin

Comment

Sorry, earlier I had confused the Spring Explorer with the Request Mappings view. You are correct, RequestMappings and Controllers don't appear in the Spring Explorer. i'll look into why that is not happening.

STS-2592: RequestMappings and Controllers do not appear in the Spring Explorer view
          https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2592

Comment

Working...
          X