Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.9.1 released

Dear Spring Community,

I am happy to announce the update release 2.9.1 of the SpringSource Tool Suite (STS).

Fixes in this update release include:
    • updated to tc Server 2.6.4
    • STS-2271: For Spring Integration: Add Visual Support for Payload Enricher
    • STS-2498: gateways should display connections to error-channels
    • STS-2497: gateways don't display transitions defined in method sub-elements
    • STS-2488: When using free-form layout the conector lines cannot be predictably drawn
    • STS-2501: Chain elements in SI graphs are transposed in manual layout mode
    • IDE-1239: Cant add set to actions in Graphical Editor of Web Flow
    • IDE-1232: SpringSource Tool Suite Content Assist Slow, Lags or Hangs
    • STS-2502: can't build/deploy mvc sample

More details can be found in the New and Noteworthy document.
    As always downloads are available from the STS download page.

Regards,
    Martin

Martin,

As has been alluded many times in other posts, is it possible to have the STS update process (for example updating from STS 2.9.0 to STS 2.9.1) using the "Help/Check for update" update everything (in the 2.9.1 case, update tc Server to 2.6.4) as if I downloaded a new 2.9.1 release and unzipped it into a fresh directory. In previous cases, such an update would bring STS up to date but not all the other components that get distributed into the full ZIP file available from the STS download page. I understand this is not a trivial task but could this be started with the idea to eventually have it available. It would even be good if the first release of this did not cover 100% of the dependencies as long as they were described.

Thanks,
    Mario

Comment

Hey Mario!

Thanks for the feedback, this would definitely be a nice feature. I will add this to our backlog for further investigation. But regarding our current workload, I think we will not be able to do this for the 3.0 release timeframe. I hope this doesn't disappoint you, but I thought to be open and transparent here is better than promising everything. But I agree that we should definitely take a look at this!

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Which version of Groovy-Eclipse does this use? (for those of us that need to install groovy/grails support offline or behind a firewall)

Comment

Originally posted by djKianoosh View Post
          Which version of Groovy-Eclipse does this use? (for those of us that need to install groovy/grails support offline or behind a firewall)
          The notes have the answer:
          "Groovy-Eclipse
          The Groovy-Eclipse version available from the dashboard is the 2.6.1 release."

Comment

Hi,
            I've just installed the springsource tool suite (Version: 2.9.1.RELEASE, Build Id: 201203221000) on a Windows7 machine and tried to create a Spring-Roo project, but I'm getting Maven-related problems, such as:
            Access denied to http://maven.springframework.org/rel...plugin-1.2.pom. Error code 403, Proxy Configuration required
            I am working behind a firewall, but have added proxy settings to both the IDE itself (window > preferences > general > network connections) and to the maven settings.xml file ( in: springsource\apache-maven-3.3.3\conf).
            If I try to browse to the above URL (using firefox), I get an HTTP 404: Could not find resource
            Any help would be much approciated.
            Cheers,
            Stephen.

Comment

Hey Stephen!

Your proxy settings sound correct to me, but I don't know exactly where Maven is picking up all the settings all the time. I also see sometimes a settings.xml file in the users repository location, but I am not sure its the problem in your case.

Can you provide steps to reproduce this? Or maybe a sample Roo project that you created and that has this problem?

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
                Hey Stephen!

Your proxy settings sound correct to me, but I don't know exactly where Maven is picking up all the settings all the time. I also see sometimes a settings.xml file in the users repository location, but I am not sure its the problem in your case.

Can you provide steps to reproduce this? Or maybe a sample Roo project that you created and that has this problem?

-Martin
                Hi Martin

I've checked the maven repository and there is no settings file there. To reproduce this, simply install the tool suite on a win7 machine (I did do this in 'Documents' not 'Program files'), then create a new Roo project with some arbitrary name. I just added a project name and top-level package name and used the defaults for the rest. The problem occurs as soon as the project is created.

Cheers,
                Stephen.

Comment

Hey Stephen!

I tried this on my win7 box and creating a Roo project works nicely. But I am not behind a firewall here, so it looks definitely like your problem is related to the firewall settings somehow.

Can you build the project from the command line using Maven? (just to check whether the Maven proxy settings are correct and working)

-Martin

Comment

Hey Stephen!

I tried this on my win7 box and creating a Roo project works nicely. But I am not behind a firewall here, so it looks definitely like your problem is related to the firewall settings somehow.

Can you build the project from the command line using Maven? (just to check whether the Maven proxy settings are correct and working)

-Martin
                    Hi Martin,

I also tried the whole set-up again on a different win7 box from home (i.e. no firewall) and it worked fine, so there is definitely a proxy issue. How do you 'build the project from the command line using Maven' ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
                    Stephen.

Comment

Hey!

Go to the directory of the project (where the pom.xml file is located) and execute "mvn clean install" from the command line (Maven need to be on the path for this).

HTH,
                      Martin

Comment

Hey!

Go to the directory of the project (where the pom.xml file is located) and execute "mvn clean install" from the command line (Maven need to be on the path for this).

HTH,
                        Martin
                        Yes, that worked. I did need to run the maven->update project configuration on the project after that, but then all the errors disappeared.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
                        Stephen.

Comment

Working...
                        X