Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS2.9.0 - An internal error occured during: "Match Job"

Hi

I've just upgraded to STS 2.9.0 and I'm using Grails 2.0.1.

When starting the app using run-app (either via the command pop-up or Run Configuration) and there is an error the following happens:
    1) Error page is correctly displayed with stack trace and all
    2) When navigating to another page (any page), the app spins into some infinite loop with stact traces.

This happens with the simplest of errors, for example missing an = sign after a html attribute.

I have to restart the app after every error that happens.

When starting the app via run-app in dos this problem doesn't happen.

Currently bad enough that unless it is something wrong with my setup I'll have to revert back to an older version of STS.

An internal error occurred during: "Match Job".
    Exception Stack Trace:
    Code:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path for project must have only one segment.
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.getProject(WorkspaceRoot.java:184)
    	at com.springsource.sts.grails.ui.console.StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.findFile(StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.java:166)
    	at com.springsource.sts.grails.ui.console.StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.createLinks(StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.java:142)
    	at com.springsource.sts.grails.ui.console.StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.lineAppended(StackTraceConsoleLineTracker.java:116)
    	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.views.console.ConsoleLineNotifier.lineAppended(ConsoleLineNotifier.java:126)
    	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.views.console.ConsoleLineNotifier.matchFound(ConsoleLineNotifier.java:118)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.console.ConsolePatternMatcher$MatchJob.run(ConsolePatternMatcher.java:133)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Session Data:
    Code:
    eclipse.buildId=2.9.0.201203011000-RELEASE
    java.version=1.6.0_25
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
    Framework arguments:  -product com.springsource.sts.ide
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product com.springsource.sts.ide
    Cheers,
    Micke

I'll take a look at this. This seems to be a bug in how we are looking for stack traces in the console.

I can easily create a guard so that this exception is never thrown, but it would be useful to see what the console output is.

Comment

Created this issue:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2506

Also, what is the name of your console. See in this screenshot:

Attachment

The console name is sts290m1. My guess is that your console name has a '/' in it or some other character.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I think my main problem was caused by a separate issue, been having a strange thing happen where the in-memory DB "disappears"....
        http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/...td4481312.html

My custom error controller got it's knickers in a bit of a twist due to the DB disappearing like a ninja, causing gazillions of errors.

I'm afraid I've reverted my project back to Grails 1.3.7 which works just fine with 2.9.0.

I did create a brach with my 2.0.1 changes though, so I could check that out and give it a go. If you want me to I can do this tomorrow evening in order to get the console name, is it worth me doing that?

Got a custom run configuration though, this is what it looks like now that I've saved it to a shared location:
        Code:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
        <launchConfiguration type="com.springsource.sts.grails.core.launchconfig">
        <stringAttribute key="bad_container_name" value="\app-app\run-app-mem"/>
        <stringAttribute key="com.springsource.sts.grails.core.ORG_SCRIPT" value="run-app"/>
        <stringAttribute key="com.springsource.sts.grails.core.PROJECT_DIR" value="D:\dev\workspaces\app2-trunk\app-app"/>
        <stringAttribute key="com.springsource.sts.grails.core.SCRIPT" value="run-app"/>
        <booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.appendEnvironmentVariables" value="true"/>
        <mapAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.environmentVariables">
        <mapEntry key="GRAILS_STS_RUNNING" value="true"/>
        </mapAttribute>
        <listAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.CLASSPATH">
        <listEntry value="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot; standalone=&quot;no&quot;?&gt;
        &lt;runtimeClasspathEntry containerPath=&quot;org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/jdk1.6.0_25&quot; path=&quot;2&quot; type=&quot;4&quot;/&gt;
        "/>
        <listEntry value="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot; standalone=&quot;no&quot;?&gt;
        &lt;runtimeClasspathEntry externalArchive=&quot;D:/tools/grails-1.3.7/lib/groovy-all-1.7.8.jar&quot; path=&quot;3&quot; type=&quot;2&quot;/&gt;
        "/>
        &lt;runtimeClasspathEntry externalArchive=&quot;D:/tools/grails-1.3.7/dist/grails-bootstrap-1.3.7.jar&quot; path=&quot;3&quot; type=&quot;2&quot;/&gt;
        "/>
        &lt;runtimeClasspathEntry externalArchive=&quot;D:/tools/java/jdk1.6.0_25/lib/tools.jar&quot; path=&quot;3&quot; type=&quot;2&quot;/&gt;
        "/>
        </listAttribute>
        <booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.DEFAULT_CLASSPATH" value="false"/>
        <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.MAIN_TYPE" value="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter"/>
        <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROJECT_ATTR" value="app-app"/>
        <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M"/>
        <stringAttribute key="process_factory_id" value="com.springsource.sts.grails.core.processFactory"/>
        </launchConfiguration>
        Cheers,
        Micke

Comment

Thanks for the further info. I dug a bit deeper into the code that determines the name of the console. It looks like there are enough corner cases such that we can never assume that the project name will be part of the console name (most of the time it will, but we just can't count on this).

Regardless of your particular situation, I need to test for non-standard console names when trying to find hyperlinks in the console.

In fact, this fix is already available from the nightly build. If you want to update and try it, please do and comment on https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2506

You can use this update site to get the latest nightly:
          SpringSource Update Site for Eclipse 3.7 - http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...S/nightly/e3.7

Comment

Actually, please use this update site instead:

http://dist.springsource.com/snapshot/STS/nightly/e3.7/

We are having some trouble with our update site mirroring build, so the url in the previous post is not working currently.

Comment

Have you had a chance to try the fix? If you are still having problems, please comment here or on the bug report:
              https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2506

Comment

Working...
              X