Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade spring version in sts

Hello,

i'd like to ask how can i upgrade version of spring libraries in sts?? i can install new packages in maven and easily switch versions via pom of my project, but seems spring-core library is not part of my project's pom... so, please, how can i switch spring-core?? or better - is there a way how can i easily upgrade all spring libraries??

i'm really sorry for this post, but i didn't find anything relevant and i'm new to sts and maven isn't also my cup of tea...

thank you very much for your help

Hey!

You should not upgrade the Spring libraries that are included in the plugins folder of the STS installation yourself. Those Spring libraries are used by the IDE itself and are not meant to be replaced by users of the tooling. You could cause quite a lot damage to the tooling if you would do that.

Instead you should use your own download or Maven repository for the Spring libs. If you are using Maven, you typically define in your pom which libs to use in what version and the Maven Eclipse integration will take care that those libs are put onto the classpath of your project. The real JAR files are then downloaded by Maven in the background, stored in your local Maven repository (often in .m2 in your users home directory), and used from there.

If you are not familiar with STS and Maven at all, I would recommend to take a look at the starters webinar for using Spring and STS:
    http://www.springsource.com/webinar/...rce-tool-suite

Or take a look at the "getting started" posts in this forum, they point you to introductory material.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Actually this information helps me a lot, really appreaciate it, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X