X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spring Config Editor - STS 2.8.1 & Indigo

I recently installed Spring IDE & STS 2.8.1 into Indigo. I tried both installing all the optional features for STS and installing just the minimal core components. In either case, I can't seem to get the Spring Config Editor to show up in the list of editors for XML files. Has anyone else had this issue or no what may be the cause?

I don't suppose you could start over and just install the entire STS 2.8.1, as opposed to installing Indigo and then STS on top of that?

Comment

Hi!

That is definitely an option: maybe just use the STS distribution that includes a ready-to-use package including Eclipse Indigo SR1 and STS 2.8.1.

But I would also like to know why the editor is not showing up in your setting. If you take a look at the file associations in your preferences, is the Spring Config Editor one of the available editors that shows up when trying to add an editor for a certain file type? (don't change anything there, its just to analyse where the problem might be...)

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Hi,

was the specified problem solved. i had downloaded the last sts update site version and can not find spring config editor.

Thanks,
        Dimka

Comment

Hey Dimka!

I guess you have installed STS from the update site into an existing Eclipse installation that contains more stuff than "just Eclipse JEE", right? Sometimes there are awkward conflicts coming up with some of the installed components and that might result in the config editor not showing up.

For further analysis of this problem, can you please open the console view, switch to the OSGi Host console and type in "ss" for "short status"? Are you seeing any of the com.springsource.sts... or org.springframework.ide.. bundles in the state "INSTALLED"? If you, can you run the command "diag" with the name of those bundles and tell me what the output is? That might help us to figure out what is going wrong. Posting the result of the "ss" command might also help to see what other stuff is installed.

The other alternative solution is (was mentioned above): Use the STS distribution that you can download from http://www.springsource.com/developer/sts and go from there.

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Dimka11 View Post
            Hi,

was the specified problem solved. i had downloaded the last sts update site version and can not find spring config editor.

Thanks,
            Dimka
            Hello,

i've installed the updates, which popped up, and the Spring config editor gone... How can i download it?

thanks

Comment

Hey!

The easiest way to solve this is to install a fresh STS copy, which you can download from http://www.springsource.com/developer/sts.

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Working...
              X