Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ClassCastException: GitCompareFileRevisionEditorInput cast to FileEditorInput Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClassCastException: GitCompareFileRevisionEditorInput cast to FileEditorInput

I get a ClassCastException when comparing files of an egit project in STS. The problem seems to be project specific and unfortunately I cannot share the source for the project. Since I have been unsuccessful in creating a project I can share that reproduces the issue, I am hoping that the information below might be able to uncover what is happening. I believe this is an STS issue since the ClassCastException occurs in an STS specific class and because I cannot seem to reproduce it in Eclipse, but since I am uncertain I am posting on the forum rather than creating a JIRA (I can create one if that is preferred). Any idea what is happening? Below are the steps I take on my specific project to reproduce the issue:

• Start with an egit project in STS
    • Open a file that is under egit version control that has multiple revisions
    • Right click and select Team->Show in History
    • Double click one of the revisions
    • The diff appears, but the error below also appears. It produces a number of these errors along with an Unhandled event loop exception w/ the same stacktrace.
    • The other information that may be useful is that my project is a multi project Gradle build. I also notice that while STS notices the root of the project is a Git project, the code under it has ? icon even though the code has been committed and is up to date.

The Exception:

Code:
    Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".

eclipse.buildId=2.9.0.201201191000-M2
    java.version=1.6.0_30
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product com.springsource.sts.ide
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product com.springsource.sts.ide

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.GitCompareFileRevisionEditorInput cannot be cast to org.eclipse.ui.part.FileEditorInput
    	at com.springsource.sts.internal.ide.ui.actions.OpenNamespaceConfigWizardCommandHandler.getFile(OpenNamespaceConfigWizardCommandHandler.java:94)
    	at com.springsource.sts.internal.ide.ui.actions.OpenNamespaceConfigWizardCommandHandler.setEnabled(OpenNamespaceConfigWizardCommandHandler.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.setEnabled(HandlerProxy.java:232)
    	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.setEnabled(Command.java:857)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.isEnabled(CommandContributionItem.java:977)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.updateMenuItem(CommandContributionItem.java:628)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.update(CommandContributionItem.java:580)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.update(CommandContributionItem.java:569)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$1.bindingManagerChanged(CommandContributionItem.java:998)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.bindings.BindingManager.fireBindingManagerChanged(BindingManager.java:900)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.bindings.BindingManager.setActiveBindings(BindingManager.java:2176)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.bindings.BindingManager.recomputeBindings(BindingManager.java:1742)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.bindings.BindingManager.contextManagerChanged(BindingManager.java:689)
    	at org.eclipse.core.commands.contexts.ContextManager.fireContextManagerChanged(ContextManager.java:165)
    	at org.eclipse.core.commands.contexts.ContextManager.setEventCaching(ContextManager.java:324)
    	at org.eclipse.core.commands.contexts.ContextManager.deferUpdates(ContextManager.java:83)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.contexts.ContextAuthority.sourceChanged(ContextAuthority.java:673)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.ExpressionAuthority.sourceChanged(ExpressionAuthority.java:310)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.ExpressionAuthority.sourceChanged(ExpressionAuthority.java:290)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.AbstractSourceProvider.fireSourceChanged(AbstractSourceProvider.java:99)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.checkActivePart(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:401)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.checkActivePart(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:300)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$2.windowDeactivated(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:270)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$15.run(Workbench.java:1021)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.fireWindowDeactivated(Workbench.java:1019)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$28.shellDeactivated(WorkbenchWindow.java:3162)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:111)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1282)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1263)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.filterProc(Shell.java:748)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterProc(Display.java:1543)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._g_main_context_iteration(Native Method)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.g_main_context_iteration(OS.java:2276)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3207)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
    	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
    Cheers,
    Last edited by Rob Winch; Feb 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM. Reason: fix typo

Hi!

This is a bug in the STS implementation of that class, I guess. I created the corresponding JIRA here:
    https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2436

Should be fixed for the next builds.

Cheers,
    -Martin

Comment

Working...
    X