X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS - Run As - TomCat

I'm having an issue with running my test programme within STS using my TomCat server while using Maven.

Each time I'm attempting to run any script within STS on my TomCat server a 404 error is displayed. (The static index.jsp with basic html is displayed perfectly.)

However if I cmd.exe - mvn package and start my TomCat server through XAMPP and run the .war in localhost:8080/manager it runs perfectly fine displaying everything as expected.

I'm new to Java programming coming from a PhP background so any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Software: STS Version 2.8.1.RELEASE, XAMPP Control Panel Version 2.5 with TomCat version 7.0.12 on Windows 7 32-Bit (Probably too much information but it may help)

Hi!

I am not exactly sure what you mean with "attempting to run any script within STS"? Can you provide some steps to reproduce the problem? That would be great!

Thanks!
    -Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the confusion.
      When I right click the main project and select run on server Tomcat or the other VMWare causes the same issue.
      It will display a standard html welcome page as defined in web.xml but not any other pages I have scripts to listen too.
      (localhost:8080/MyApp/ will work but localhost:8080/MyApp/login will not.)

If I package the app through "mvn package" and run the .war through starting my tomcat server through XAMPP it works perfectly fine.

As and update, this morning I started my machine and right clicking my project run on server -> tomcat works perfectly fine.
      Seams like a quirky issue or am I supposed to reset something each time I try to run my updated project?

Cheers,
      Sean

Comment

Hi!

Usually you don't need to reset something when you update your project. Depending on the way you configured the "publish updates" for the server, it should pick up changes for you and deploy them to the server.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

Working...
        X