X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellij IDE

Posted this on the dev list a while back, but I didn't get a response. Figure I'd try again while the noise is low...

Are there any plans to support Jetbrain's Intellij IDEA IDE? Spring Console integrates with it, but it's closed source, and there are a few Intellij-specific things I'd like to add to it...

If there aren't any plans, how modular is the Eclispse Module? Would it be hard for someone (say, me) to port?

Thanks.

--pete

+1 for this effort
    As a user of IntelliJ IDEA and of Spring, this would certainly be useful.

Comment

Re: Intellij IDE

Originally posted by pmorelli
      If there aren't any plans, how modular is the Eclispse Module? Would it be hard for someone (say, me) to port?
      Pete,

Spring IDE heavily leverages the Eclipse platform, e.g. the incremental builder support, project / resource management or the text editor support. It's deeply integrated in the Eclipse workbench, e.g. decorators and markers for validation errors or the whole UI stuff like the view and preferences dialog. Not to mention the GEF stuff :-)

Only a few classes are reusable outside of Eclipse. This is mostly the model with it's parser and the validator.

Sorry, but this is IMHO way too little to reuse it within another IDE.
      So you have to start from scratch.

Regards,
      Torsten

Comment

I think Intellj Idea's xml editor is smart enough. We do not need to invent a new toy in another IDE.

rgs

Comment

Originally posted by Savagearts
          I think Intellj Idea's xml editor is smart enough. We do not need to invent a new toy in another IDE.
          Spring IDE doesn't leverage any specific (XML) editor. It uses the basic text editor architecture of Eclipse to open a config file and navigate to the corresponding line. But this is only the easy part.

The hard stuff is provided by Eclipse's resource / project management environment (project natures and it's incremental builders which provides notifications and deltas for modified / removed / added resources [files / projects / directories], resource problem markers [problem decorations and problem task management) and Eclipse UI (workbench and JFace are used to provide project properties, property sheets and beans view).

So IMHO the XML editor is the least interesting part of the game, any text editor does :-).

Sorry...

Regards,
          Torsten

Comment

I do not take any things lightly for Spring IDE.
            Spring IDE is a great job.I use it in our project successfully.

Regards

Comment

May be it'd make sense to start a project for developing IDEAs Spring plugin? What do you think?

Comment

I'd be interested...

Comment

+1 as IntelliJ is my choice of IDE

Comment

I'd love to see an IDEA plugin. The team I'm on has got a lot of productivity gains from using IDEA and now Spring is playing an increasing role too. Getting the two together would be great.

Realistically I doubt I'd have much time to contribute, but I'd sure like to try and help out as I can. Please let me know if anyone starts work on this.

,boz

Comment

Working...
                    X