Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Subclipse

Hi,
    I have installed STS - 2.8.1.RELEASE
    Now I want to install subclipse to access my SVN repository.

When I try to install Polarion - http://www.polarion.org/projects/sub...0/update-site/

the installer tells me the following:
    Code:
    Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
      Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1324138564078 (SharedProfile_com.springsource.sts.ide 1.0.0.1324138564078)
      Missing requirement: Shared profile 1.0.0.1324138564078 (SharedProfile_com.springsource.sts.ide 1.0.0.1324138564078) requires 'org.maven.ide.eclipse [1.0.100.20110804-1717]' but it could not be found
    With STS Maeven is installed as far as I understood. I see installed in my eclipse:
    org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.feature

I don't see in my list: org.maven.ide.eclipse.

Where can I find org.maven.ide.eclipse? Do I really need to install this one? Sorry I am a bit lost.

Did someone out there install Subclipse on STS?

Thanks for sharing...

Hi!

Did you try to install Subclipse from the Extension install? Its just one click, you don't need an update site for that, and it works with a fresh STS 2.8.1 installation.

The error message seems to indicate that there is a component depending on the old Eclipse Maven integration, but I am not able to figure out which component that could be from that snippet. Is it a fresh STS 2.8.1 installation that you are using or an upgraded one?

Definitely try the extension install from the Dashboard and let me know if that works!

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your hints. Obviously you are right. Using the Extension tab is the right way to do it. I did not think of using this, as this is not the way I was doing with my old Eclipse. I was doing it with the marketplace. I am new to STS.

Nevertheless, here is my story.

After receiving your mail I have tried installing subclipse from the Extension tab on the dashboard. Unfortunately at this stage the installer gave me the same error.

Code:
      requires 'org.maven.ide.eclipse [1.0.100.20110804-1717]' but it could not be found
      So, since you were mentioning that it should work on a brand new installed STS I decided to reinstall everything. And from a brand new installed version it worked. I installed Subclipse no problem.

The only thing I had installed before was Grails (from Language and Frameworks) and Grails Support (from Language and Framework Tooling).

After I managed installing Subclipse, I reinstalled Grails... and now I have everything installed.

I cannot say if it is important to install Subclipse first, but from my very brief experience it seems to be important.
      One more detail, which I don't know if it is important to say. My system runs Windows 7 64 bits, and I have installed springsource-tool-suite-2.8.1.RELEASE-e3.7.1-win32-x86_64-installer

Martin, thanks for your support.
      Cheers

Jean

Comment

Hey Jean!

Glad to hear its working. Looks like your previous installation of STS had some other components installed that somehow produced this wired behavior. I will take a look at this again to see if I can find out what was going wrong in that case. Thanks for the additional details.

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Working...
        X