• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 1.0.3+GEF3.0+Eclipse3.0

I installed Eclipse 3.0
    then GEF 3.0
    then Spring IDE 1.0.3

When I right clicked the project, inside the popup menu, I saw an item %popupMenus.addNature.label, when I clicked on it, it does nothing instead of adding spring nature to the project which it is supposed to do.

Is this a bug or my installation problem? Thank you for your help

Wogong

Re: Problem with 1.0.3+GEF3.0+Eclipse3.0

Wogong,

Originally posted by wogong
    When I right clicked the project, inside the popup menu, I saw an item %popupMenus.addNature.label
    The missing label text for the context menu indicates an invalid installation. At minimum the file "plugin.properties" (which contains the missing label text) is missing.

How did you install Spring IDE? Did you use Eclipse's update manager to install Spring IDE from it's update site as stated on Spring IDE's web site in chapter "Installation"?

Cheers,
    Torsten

Comment

Problem

Torsten:

I spent hours to fix the problem. I do not know why I can not use the website update feature in my company thus I manually installed everything.

1. I deleted Eclipse and extract Eclipse zip file again and did not move it around -- last time I extraxted it to c:\unzipped\eclipse and then moved to c:\eclipse. This time I directly extracted to c:\eclipse

2. I installed AsptectJ which was successful

3. I extracted GEF runtime Version 3. It is funny that the extraction contains a eclipse sub-directory, so I extracted it to c:\ rather than to c:\eclipse. I struggled a bit on this, I wish the document could be of a litlle more details

4. Then I extract the Spring IDE to c:\eclipse, then the problem appears again. I really do not know how to do this moment.

I have two questions:

1. how can I uninstall Spring IDE from eclipse?
      2. what happen when we install the plugins? simply copy the files to c:\eclipse\features and c:\eclipse\plugins?

Wogong

Comment

Re: Problem

Wogong,

I spent hours to fix the problem. I do not know why I can not use the website update feature in my company thus I manually installed everything.
        This is typically a corporate firewall issue. If you are connecting to the internet via a HTTP proxy then you have to configure the proxy in Eclipse accordingly (Window / Preferences / Install Update / Proxy settings) to use Eclipse's update manager via a HTTP proxy.

4. Then I extract the Spring IDE to c:\eclipse, then the problem appears again. I really do not know how to do this moment.
        You can't extract Spring IDE manually into an Eclipse installation. Spring IDE is distributed via an Eclipse update manager installable web site (update site) or a locally usable update site (zip file). You have definitely use Elipse's update manager to install Spring IDE.

1. how can I uninstall Spring IDE from eclipse?
        If you installed Spring IDE via Eclispe update manager then you have the following options:
        - use the update manager to disable Spring IDE temporarily
        - or delete all directories starting with "org.springframework." from Eclipse installation in the directories plugins/ and features/

2. what happen when we install the plugins? simply copy the files to c:\eclipse\features and c:\eclipse\plugins?
        Sorry, I have no clue which files you installed. The plugin is only installable distributed via Eclipse's update manager.

Cheers,
        Torsten

Comment

Torsten

Thank you for the hint. I finally installed the whole thing by using the local archive site update manager. If Spring can provide some details on how to install the whole things including GEF whose installation is different from Spring's, that will be great.

Wogong

Comment

Working...
          X