• STS 2.8.1 + m2e (0.12/1.0)

========================
    STS 2.8.1
    m2e 0.12 (Downgrade from 1.0)
    maven (external) 3.0.3
    subclipse 1.6
    ========================

Hi!

I have trouble with my IDE for over a month now! I think the main problem is the m2e plugin that I'm using. First I tried the standard version of STS 2.8.1 => m2e 1.0. It doesn't work for me so I decided to switch to m2e 0.12 via STS Dashboard.

With m2e 0.12 I always have problems, if I want to resolve maven dependencies.

The error msg is always: "missing artifact ...." 10 times.

In eclipse I'm using the "external" maven version 3.0.3

====workaround

The only way, that I can work within a project is to delete the maven project from eclipse and my entire maven repository use the command "mvn clean eclipse:clean install" in the command line. And import the project again.

I use the same maven version for this .. but it's working! The last step is to import the project again in eclipse and no "missing artifact" errors anymore.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by ben182; Dec 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: add screenshot

Hi,

Apologies for not responding earlier, but this post got lost with the holidays.

Anyway, usually this problem goes away after deleting the maven repo and trying again. But you say that you have already done that and the problem comes back. I think it has something to do with corruption when switching between 0.12 and 1.0. Are you still seeing the missing artifact problem?

Comment

re: STS 2.8.1 + m2e (0.12/1.0)

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply. Yes I deleted the repo and the problem was still there. Right now I'm coding on OS X and there is no problem at all.

If I will find a solution for the windows platform, I will post it here.

thanks anyways

Ben

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
      Hi,

Apologies for not responding earlier, but this post got lost with the holidays.

Anyway, usually this problem goes away after deleting the maven repo and trying again. But you say that you have already done that and the problem comes back. I think it has something to do with corruption when switching between 0.12 and 1.0. Are you still seeing the missing artifact problem?

Comment

Please let us know if there are any updates. Others who have had similar problems seem to have solved them by deleting their maven repo. But perhaps you are seeing something slightly different.

Comment

Working...
        X