Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build error after installing STS 2.9.0.M1

Hi,

I am using grails 1.2.2.
    After installing STS 2.9.0.M1 my grails project refuses to build.

I'm getting the following log message:

Welcome to Grails 1.2.2 - http://grails.org/
    Licensed under Apache Standard License 2.0
    Grails home is set to: C:\grails-1.2.2\

Base Directory: C:\snap_views\shaiw_EMS_4.1\NEW_EMS\EMS_CMS\trunk\ project\harmony-ems\ems-web
    WARNING: Configurational method [grailsCentral] in grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy doesn't exist. Ignoring..
    Resolving dependencies...
    Dependencies resolved in 4863ms.
    Running script C:\grails-1.2.2\scripts\Compile.groovy
    Environment set to development
    Setting non-interactive mode
    [groovyc] Compiling 1 source file to C:\snap_views\shaiw_EMS_4.1\NEW_EMS\EMS_CMS\trunk\ project\harmony-ems\ems-web\target\classes
    Error executing script Compile: grails.util.BuildSettings.getPluginClassesDir()Lja va/io/File;
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: grails.util.BuildSettings.getPluginClassesDir()Lja va/io/File;
    at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.model.GrailsBuild SettingsDependencyExtractor.getPluginClassesDir(Gr ailsBuildSettingsDependencyExtractor.java:57)
    at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.model.GrailsBuild SettingsDependencyExtractor.getDependencyData(Grai lsBuildSettingsDependencyExtractor.java:211)
    at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.model.GrailsBuild SettingsDependencyExtractor.writeDependencyFile(Gr ailsBuildSettingsDependencyExtractor.java:195)
    at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.launch.Dependency ExtractingBuildListener.receiveGrailsBuildEvent(De pendencyExtractingBuildListener.java:73)
    at gant.Gant$_dispatch_closure4.doCall(Gant.groovy:32 4)
    at gant.Gant$_dispatch_closure6.doCall(Gant.groovy:33 4)
    at gant.Gant$_dispatch_closure6.doCall(Gant.groovy)
    at gant.Gant.withBuildListeners(Gant.groovy:344)
    at gant.Gant.this$2$withBuildListeners(Gant.groovy)
    at gant.Gant$this$2$withBuildListeners.callCurrent(Un known Source)
    at gant.Gant.dispatch(Gant.groovy:334)
    at gant.Gant.this$2$dispatch(Gant.groovy)
    at gant.Gant.invokeMethod(Gant.groovy)
    at gant.Gant.processTargets(Gant.groovy:495)
    at gant.Gant.processTargets(Gant.groovy:480)
    Error executing script Compile: grails.util.BuildSettings.getPluginClassesDir()Lja va/io/File;

Can anyone help me fix this error?

Thanks,

Shai

My first suggestion would be to migrate to a more recent version of Grails: 1.3.7 or even 2.0. We actively support the current release and the previous release, but because there are so many changes between releases we cannot focus our efforts on ensuring that support for previous releases have not regressed.

However, I'm guessing that this is unlikely. So, next step would be to see if `grails compile` runs on the command line. I am guessing that the API of BuildSettings.groovy has changed between 1.2.2 and now.

If you must use 1.2.2, then I would recommend going back to STS 2.3.2, which is the last version that actively supported the 1.2 branch of Grails.

Comment

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your quick response.
      I had to go back to the previous version of STS (2.8.1).
      Unfortunately, the revert option of STS failed and corrupted the tool.
      It failed to reload.
      I had to reinstall the latest version from scratch.
      At least I got STS running again :-)

Best regards,
      Shai

Comment

Working...
      X