Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to load spring petcare project into STS

Can some explain me in steps,

I have installed the STS on my machine, looking for step by step instructions on loading the sample applications in to STS

thanks in advance..

Petcare Project in STS

I am trying to import the samples using SVN plugin in STS, getting the following exception

svn: OPTIONS of 'http://src.springframework.org/svn/spring-samples/petcare': Could not resolve hostname `src.springframework.org':

is this because of some firewall issue, is there a zip file available for the samples?

Can some explain me in steps,

I have installed the STS on my machine, looking for step by step instructions on loading the sample applications in to STS

thanks in advance

Comment

Hi!

The error message you are seeing "could not resolve hostname" points to a problem with the DNS server you are using, so it could be a network problem with a firewall or a proxy. What happens when you type that URL into your browser? Are you able to access it?

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
        Hi!

The error message you are seeing "could not resolve hostname" points to a problem with the DNS server you are using, so it could be a network problem with a firewall or a proxy. What happens when you type that URL into your browser? Are you able to access it?

HTH,
        Martin
        Martin, thanks for replying, yes, I am able to access that URL from the browser, is there a zip available for these samples, so that I can download them and load them into STS as Maven projects,

thanks again..

Comment

Hey!

I am not aware of any ZIP files for the sample projects, but I am not the main contact regarding the sample projects, so there might be someone else knowing more than me with regards to a ZIP download.

If you are able to access the URL in the browser, but not from within Eclipse/STS, it looks like the network configuration for Eclipse/STS is not correct. Can you take a look at the proxy configs for your browser and compare them with the proxy settings in Eclipse/STS?

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

I specified the same proxy as the browser is using by going to STS Network connections, but still seeing the exception.

Anyone in the forum has a zip of these samples with a link that can be shared..

thanks

Comment

As a workaround, you could use another SVN client to checkout the project and then import it into STS from disk.

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Working...
              X