X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS does not show Spring Perspective

I have downloaded sts 2.7.1 .zip version and installed it. It works. But after integrating PDT plugin, It does not show dashboard, spring or roo perspective. php works fine. please help.

regards
    Rafiq

Hi!

I guess there is a package uses conflict going on behind the scenes, maybe the PDT installation added some bundles to your install that are now causing a conflict with the Spring/STS bundles. So you used STS 2.7.1 and added PDT from the Indigo update site?

You could also take a look at the bundles that are running within your Eclipse/STS by opening the Console view and selecting OSGi Host Console. Using the "ss" command you see all the installed bundles with their state. Can you also take a look at the spring related ones to see if there is a bundle that is maybe just "installed"? Then you can get more info using "diag " followed by the number of the bundle you wanna analyze.

-Martin

Comment

Yes, You are absolutely correct, there's happen a conflict with the Spring/STS bundles. But I cannot resolve it. Please help me.

Thanks
      Rafiq

Comment

Hi Rafiq!

Did you try the host OSGi console to see the conflict? If so, can you post the output of the diag command?

Thanks!!!
        -Martin

Comment

Hey!

I tried to install PDT into a fresh STS 2.8.1 installation without any problems or conflicts showing up. Did you try a fresh install? And did you try the OSGi bundle console commands I mentioned to figure out what exactly caused the problem?

Hoping to hear from you!
          -Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin

Yes, Now I have pdt pluggin on my sts. I just update sts 2.7.1 to 2.8.1 and then add the pdt pluggin into it.

Thanks again
            Rafiq

Comment

Hi Rafiq,

glad to hear its working for you now. Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,
              -Martin

Comment

Hi,

I am having a similar issue with STS 2.7.2 When I run sts for the first time everything is fine and as soon as I run the available updates or install subclipse the spring perspective goes haywire and and it eventually disappears. I rans the ss command and see a lot of bundles related to springsource in the installed state. I don't know what to do from here and because of constraints at work I'm unable to upgrade to a higher version of sts.

Thanks

Comment

Hey!

It looks like there are incompatible components installed automatically in your case. Can you try to start with a fresh STS installation, and then disable all the available update sites (Preferences -> Install/Update -> Available Update Sites) in order to avoid accidental updates.

If that doesn't help, please let me know exactly what you are doing after the fresh STS 2.7.2 installation and I will try to reproduce this locally to find a solution for you.

HTH,
                  Martin

Comment

Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have installed a fresh copy of STS 2.7.2 just now and it was working fine. Then I installed subclipse 1.6.18 and restarted STS. STS come up and the dashboard has the following error populating it:

Could not open the editor: Cannot instantiate input element factory com.springsource.sts.ide.ui.dashboard.elementFacto ry for editor id=com.springsource.sts.internal.ide.ui.editors.Mu ltiPageDashboardEditor name=Dashboard

on this install of sts I did not run any updates.

Comment

Martin,

I finally figured out how to get it to work. I had the box checked so the plugin would check for the latest and greatest from the web and once I unchecked that it is working now.

Thanks for you help!

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for the update and sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I am very happy to hear that you found a solution for this!!! And thanks for letting us know.

However, we should take a look at why the other update trashed the spring support, so I will take a look at that.

Thanks,
                        Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X