Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS newbie; get compile error for SpringHadoop

Hi,
    I am using STS for the first time and i tried to import the Hadoop Source onto it, but get the below compile error for the pom.xml:

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.springframework.build.aws:org.springframework. build.aws.maven:3.0.0.RELEASE or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.springframework.build.aws:org.springframework. build.aws.maven:jar:3.0.0.RELEASE ()

I assumed it may be maven plugin issue, but i am unable to connect to the maven repository as well everytime it throws:

Unable to connect

Can anyone provide me the pointers to resolve this issue. Thanks for the time.

-Rivya

Can you compile from the command line? Perhaps there is a proxy problem that is causing you to not be able to connect from the IDE.

Comment

Yes i am able to compile from the command line. So i am assuming the source has all the required jar's. Does maven 3.0.0 have a dependensy on maven 2.0.0. If so how can i add the maven 2.0.0 jar to the project as the Build Path option is disabled in STS.

Thanks for the time.
      Rivya

Comment

Try going to preferences -> Maven -> Installations. And select the same embedded maven version that you are using on the command line.

Comment

I got rid of the compile error somehow but when i run the source code as instructed i get the below error: I think it is not able to connect to the maven repositories provided in effective pom.xml of spring-hadoop-core

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.springframework.hadoop:spring-hadoop-parentom:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT
          [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 233, column 12
          [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 244, column 12
          [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin is missing. @ line 270, column 12
          [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin is missing. @ line 259, column 12

[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
          [WARNING]
          [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
          [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
          [INFO] Copying 3 resources
          [INFO]
          [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
          [INFO]
          [INFO] --- com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.RELEASE:bundl or (bundlor) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          Manifest written to '/home/bernie/Downloads/SpringSource-spring-hadoop-96affea/spring-hadoop-core/target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF'
          [INFO]
          [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:testResources (default-testResources) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
          [INFO] Copying 11 resources
          [INFO]
          [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
          [INFO]
          [INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.1:test (default-test) @ spring-hadoop-core ---
          SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
          SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
          SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
          Downloading: http://repository.springsource.com/m...oter-2.7.1.pom
          Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ap...oter-2.7.1.pom
          Downloading: http://repository.springsource.com/m...mmon-2.7.1.pom
          Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ap...mmon-2.7.1.pom
          [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          [INFO] Reactor Summary:
          [INFO]
          [INFO] Spring Hadoop Parent .............................. SUCCESS [0.488s]
          [INFO] Spring Hadoop Core ................................ FAILURE [2:43.215s]
          [INFO] Spring Hadoop Distribution ........................ SKIPPED
          [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
          [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.1:test (default-test) on project spring-hadoop-core: Execution default-test of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.1:test failed: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:2.7.1 (): Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-booter:jar:2.7.1: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-booterom:2.7.1 from/to repository.plugin.springsource.release (http://repository.springsource.com/m...dles/release): Connect times out ->

Can you give me any pointers how to resolve the proxy settings issue?

Thanks for the time.
          Rivya

Comment

I can't help much here. You can try asking on the spring-data forum. But really, your sysadmin would be the best one to ask about this.

Comment

I will try asking them. I filed a ticket with my sysadmin, hope it helps. Thanks for your help and time though.

Thanks
              Rivya

Comment

Working...
              X