X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo CTRL + SPACE not working in eclipse STS plugin

I am running eclipse indigo and have just installed the "Springsource Tool Suite for Eclipse Indigo" plugin.

I am trying to follow the Roo "Pizza Shop" tutorial:

1) I created the project using New -> Spring Roo Project.
    2) I opened the Roo shell by right clicking on the project and selecting Spring Tools -> Open Roo Shell
    3) I entered hint + ENTER and received the Roo hint:

Code:
    Roo requires the installation of a JPA provider and associated database.

Type 'persistence setup' and then hit CTRL+SPACE three times.
    We suggest you type 'H' then CTRL+SPACE to complete "HIBERNATE".
    After the --provider, press CTRL+SPACE twice for database choices.
    For testing purposes, type (or CTRL+SPACE) HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY.
    If you press CTRL+SPACE again, you'll see there are no more options.
    As such, you're ready to press ENTER to execute the command.

Once JPA is installed, type 'hint' and ENTER for the next suggestion.
    roo>
    4) I entered persistence setup and hit CTRL + SPACE three (and many more) times.

Nothing happens.

CTRL + SPACE has no effect in any other situation that I tried either.

I would like to start using Roo but the lack of auto complete is a non-starter. Also, I don't want to install STS from scratch (assuming that would even help).

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Which STS do you have installed, Windows, Linux or Mac? 32bit or 64bit?

Comment

STS plugin on top of 32 bit Eclipse Indigo for Windows, sitting on a Windows 7 machine.

Thanks

Comment

Do you have any relevant errors in the error log? Please paste them here.

Comment

I just ran into the same issue on Mac OS X 10.7.4, STS 2.9.2 and ROO 1.2.2 and didn't find a solution by doing the usual Google search but found out, that CTRL-ALT+SPACE seems to do what CTRL+SPACE is supposed to do.

Comment

I meet the same problem with STS 3.1.0,ROO 1.2.2 on windows xp 32bit system ,and find " CTRL+ALT+SPACE" do what "CTRL+SPACE" is should to be do.

Comment

I am not having any problems with CTRL+Space or CTRL+Alt+Space. I'll ask the roo team if they have any ideas.

Comment

It's working for me, do you have the same problem with CTRL+SPACE being ignored in other parts of Eclipse/STS, like for Java content assist?

I've seen when Mac OS sometimes like to steal the CTRL+SPACE keybinding for itself. Harald, can you look at your Mac OS System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts and see if anything is using ^Space? I think Spotlight likes to take it as a default.

I'm not sure what the equivalent would be on Windows, but LIBO is it possible something is taking the keybinding on Windows?
                Last edited by ldossantos; Dec 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X