Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with codepages in workspace

Hello,

I have two computers that I use for development, my desktop has a fresh 2.8.0.release install
    and my laptop has a 2.6.0.release install.

I had problems with the codepage in the workspace in 2.8.0 it didnt show the icelandic characters correctly.
    When I go to svn-history and compare latest versions from svn they show fine.

and until recently this was ok and worked fine in the 2.6.0 release, but today something somewhere changed since now all my texts become garbled in both versions.
    Example : // 3.3. Kostna�aryfirlit ranns�knastofnanna
    but when I compare versions in SVN it looks correct which is : // 3.3. Kostna­aryfirlit rannsˇknastofnanna

I have tried messing with the encoding settings in STS both 2.6.0 and 2.8.0 and nothing seems to work, I dont believe I have to go through all my code files and change all the foreign characters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards.
    Emil

Try going to Preferences -> General -> Workspace and change the setting for default encoding. This might work for you.

Comment

I already tried that, and no matter how I changed it nothing seems to match what I had before, and btw. I had the encoding set on default before, so it isnt like I changed anything.

I tried utf-8, iso8859-1 and cp1252 (which was the default) none seems to match what I had before and if I try any of them, they just become garbled when I run the project.

Comment

Working...
      X