X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tools.jar not found, Spring Roo, STS

I've seen others have this problem (on forums etc.). The most common solution is to make sure you are using a JDK and that JAVA_HOME is set to the JDK.

STS.ini has
    Code:
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\javaw.exe
    I wrote a *.bat file ...
    Code:
    echo %JAVA_HOME%
    That gives me ...
    C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin

but when trying to build the file, I still get:
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile (default) on project WorkingMemory: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre6/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

Another member of my team compiles the same project, no problem ... Only real difference between our machines is that I'm running 64-bit currently and he is on 32-bit windows (7). I have trouble believing that it's just 32 vs 64 bit that would be the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by jwsprng View Post
    I've seen others have this problem (on forums etc.). The most common solution is to make sure you are using a JDK and that JAVA_HOME is set to the JDK.

STS.ini has
    Code:
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\javaw.exe
    I wrote a *.bat file ...
    Code:
    echo %JAVA_HOME%
    That gives me ...
    C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin

but when trying to build the file, I still get:
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile (default) on project WorkingMemory: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre6/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

Another member of my team compiles the same project, no problem ... Only real difference between our machines is that I'm running 64-bit currently and he is on 32-bit windows (7). I have trouble believing that it's just 32 vs 64 bit that would be the issue.

Thanks in advance!
    I think that JAVA_HOME should be set to the root folder of your JDK install, not the bin folder. So try setting it to
    C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.6.0_27 (i.e. without 'bin' at the end)

Don't know if that's the problem, but its worth a try.

Another thing worth looking at is the Eclipse workspace configuration under "windows >> preferences >> Java >> installed JRE's" check whether the default JRE there is pointing to your JDK install.

Comment

I had this problem, described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...nhouse-locally

Solved in http://stackoverflow.com/a/8915650/799502

Comment

Hi!

Thats for the links and glad to hear your problem is solved!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

I know it's a bit old thread but it might help to someone...

Originally posted by jwsprng View Post
          I've just got the same error message while trying to compile a Spring project from the console using Maven. I have tried both 64-bit versions of JDK 1.6.0_23 and JDK 1.7.0_02 and got the same error message. Then I switched to 32-bit version of JDK 1.6.0_21 and all went fine.

Comment

Working...
          X