X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringSource Tool Suite 2.7.2 + Grails install

I'm newbie to STS & Grails. I have STS 2.7.2 and wanted to install Grails extension. When I go to "Dashboard" and try to install Grails, I get following error
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    session context wasprofile=com.springsource.sts.ide, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phase s.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Unable to read repository at http://dist.springsource.com/release...ndle_1.3.7.jar.
    Timeout while reading input stream.
    The following system properties can be used to adjust the readTimeout, retryAttempts, and closeTimeout
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.rea dTimeout=<default:1000>
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.ret ryAttempts=<default:30>
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.clo seTimeout=<default:1000>
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know how to fix this timeout issue.
    Thank you.

Hi!

This seems like a networking issue, maybe a very slow connection or a proxy/firewall in between. Can you just try again to see it thats fails every time?

If you wanna go forward and add those options that you mentioned, you can do that in the sts.ini file. You would need to add a line for each of those properties using:
    -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.re adTimeout=2000 (or whatever value you would like to set)

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,
      Thank you for your reply. I had set my Proxy/Firewall and increased the timeout, retry counts etc. I'm still getting the same error. Install process did download few other files before getting to this timeout issue.
      Do you support offline install? If so, can you please provide links for the zip bundle?
      Thanks in advance for your time.

Thank you

Comment

Try putting them in your STS.ini file - that eventually worked for me .. after "-vmargs" ..

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
        -Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=200000
        -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=200000
        -DretryAttempts=20
        -DreadTimeout=2000000
        -DcloseTimeout=2000000
        -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.re adTimeout=20000
        -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.re tryAttempts=30
        -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.cl oseTimeout=1000

Originally posted by sivaprakash1 View Post
        Hi Martin,
        Thank you for your reply. I had set my Proxy/Firewall and increased the timeout, retry counts etc. I'm still getting the same error. Install process did download few other files before getting to this timeout issue.
        Do you support offline install? If so, can you please provide links for the zip bundle?
        Thanks in advance for your time.

Thank you

Comment

Hi!

We have downloadable ZIP files for the STS update sites, which you can use to install the Grails support, for example. You can find them at the official STS download pages: http://www.springsource.com/developer/sts.

Groovy-Eclipse is not included in those ZIPs as it belongs to the codehaus open-source project, but they have downloadable archives of their updates sites as well (as far as I know).

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X