X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No src folder created for Spring Roo Project in 2.8.RELEASE

I just downloaded and tested the springsource tool suite for the first time, so I am very likely to have forgot to do something, but here it is.

When I create a Spring Roo Project I only get the JRE system library. No src folder or anything else is created.

1. I select a workspace, and then go to File > New > Spring Roo Project
    2. Add project name "crm" and a package name com.myspringroo.crm. Click “Next,” and then click “Finish.”

Result.
    A project folder only containing the JRE System Library. No other folders/files etc. is present.

Attachment

Does anyone have a clue about what I might do wrong here?
    I am using jdk1.6.0_27 on Windows 7.

I have Eclipise Indigo installed and some older versions of eclipse, but that should not be a problem right?!....

Thx and regards,
    Alexander
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alexanderH; Oct 20th, 2011, 03:53 AM.

Ok, I figured it out. Just start as Admin, that's it. E.g. don't click on the shortcut created by the installer, u need to open the tool (as admin) from where you installed it.

Cheers,
    Alexander

Comment

Hey Alexander!

I guess you installed STS into the "Program Files" area of your Windows 7 installation? That could cause the issue and require you to run STS with admin rights.
      Another solution is to install STS into another location that is not treated by Windows with special access rights (as the Program Files area is), for example directly under C or any other location.

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X