Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springsource toolsuite hangs on startup

The version is 2.8.0. Ubuntu 11.10.
    Seems 2.7.2 was the same, because just updated. Yesterday all worked fine. I have moved projects in workspace to maven, seems this is the problem, other workspaces opens fine. Now green loading box just stay, IDE opens but I cant use it. It doesn't take CPU just nothing happens.
    Also on Ubuntu 11.04 it (2.7.2) was not stable at all. Always crashed 7 times in day. Seems it was SVN stored password problem, because yesterday it offered some option to disable with SVN plugin.
    Which is most stable STS version for linux?
    I found previous unremoved version I used before, it is 2.5.0.M3 - workspace opens without problems!
    Once more editing this topic - for second and next starts same problems occurred with 2.5.0 version
    Ok, now the same problem for all versions, all workspaces. WTF! Ubuntu?
    $ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_26"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)
    Last edited by emorozovs; Oct 19th, 2011, 03:26 AM. Reason: Some more info

Hi!

Can you attach the crash logs for the STS crashes?
    And for the hang on startup: Can you try to capture a stack trace (using jps and jstack for example) while its hanging so that we can see what is going on?

Thanks,
    Martin

Comment

Seem I have uploaded crash log.
      About second point with hang. I have downloaded last version from springsource site and everything was just fine...
      Now tried to open workspace once more with those ide-s and just eclipse has started, it showed window with some maven legacy configuration advice, closing which eclipse continued to work... So I cant reproduce that problem, and can't imagine why it killed my half work time

Comment

Glad to hear that the hangs do no longer occur. If they happen again, please use jps and jstack to capture a thread dump and send it to us.
        With regards to the crash: this seems to be the case because of some problems in GTK, see for example this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...-6/+bug/500776

I guess nothing we can do about this at the moment.

HTH,
        -Martin

Comment

Working...
        X