Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS Gradle: import wizard partially renames project reimported after folder rename Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • STS Gradle: import wizard partially renames project reimported after folder rename

    Hi all,
    I noticed that the gradle import wizard detects the gradle project name with the gradle semantic (the directory name or the name setted via settings.gradle). But with no name explicitly setted via settings.gradle, when you remove the imported project project from eclipse workspace, rename the project directory and then reimport it you will obtain a partial rename: in eclipse you will see a project with the new directory name but the .project file still retain the old name.
    I don't know if it can lead to particular anomalies...
    BTW premised that it's more a problem related to things you shouldn't do with gradle multi-projects, maybe you should consider warning users about this kind of situations (through documentation?).

    Cheers
    Davide
    Last edited by d_cavestro; Oct 6th, 2011, 05:38 AM.

  • #2
    I have noticed something similar. I don't think it is something to worry about. I think eclipse doesn't use the name inside the .project file except during project import using the standard eclipse import wizards.

    That is, I think that only if you use an import wizard from Eclipse itself will it actually use that info.

    Using the gradle import wizard the wizard has its own logic for naming projects and doesn't read the .project file (it relies on the tooling API and its own algorithms for project naming).

    And once projects are named in the workspace, Eclipse doesn't consider the name inside the .project file.

    Also, I'm using Eclipse API to set the project names, so ultimately, it was Eclipse that decided not to change the name actually stored inside the .project file. Admittedly this is odd, but unless I see a real example that this causes trouble I'd rather rely on Eclipse API to change project names than start mucking around directly in the .project file.

    Kris

    Comment

    Working...
    X