X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing STS workbench titlebar texts

I need to change text in STS workbench title bar.

Why?
    Because I have multiple workspaces, so I use -showlocation eclipse option that display current workspace on workbench title bar. Now problem is that title bar text is very dirty (current perspective name, Product name, current resource name and finally current workspace) and I want to change product name from "SpringSource Tool Suite" to "STS".

Here is a solution for doing such a thing for eclipse, but referred files in STS have eclipse values, so STS should have other files that will override theses. But which?
    Last edited by mjafari; Sep 21st, 2011, 05:57 AM.

Hey!

Please take a look at the plugins folder of your STS installation, dive into the "com.springsource.sts_<version>" folder and open plugin.properties. There you can change the value of the property "productName" to something else.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

I have the same problem as you, but I solve it a different way. Instead of changing the titlebar, I change the background color of text editors. So, this way I always know which workspace I am in based on coloring (eg- Gray is my main eclipse 3.7 workspace, yellow is my 3.6 workspace, green is my maven workspace). This keeps things more interesting and I find it easier on my eyes than looking at white all day.

Comment

thanks Martin!
        But I do this and no change was done.
        Also changing "productBlurb" property had no effect.

CAUTION: I change plugin.properties in com.springsource.sts.server.tc.reloading_2.7.2.201 109131000-RELEASE folder, when my STS is a 2.7.0 version that has been updated to 2.7.1 and then 2.7.2.

Comment

Smarty Solution Andrew!

But How? I don't find separated settings for background of editor in workspaces.

Comment

Did you try to run STS with the "-clean" option after changing the product name on the plugin.properties?
            The option Andrew mentioned are here: "Preferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editors", there is a "background color" item in the colors list.

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

No.
              Now I do it and changes effect.

thanks.

Comment

Perfect, glad to hear its now working for you.

Cheers,
                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                X