Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.7.2 released

Dear Spring Community,

I'm pleased to announce a minor update 2.7.2 of the SpringSource Tool Suite (STS).

The update provides:
    • support for vFabric tc Server 2.6
    • bundled vFabric tc Server Developer Edition also updated to version 2.6
    • support for Spring Roo 1.2.0.M1
    • Mylyn update to 3.6.2
    More details can be found in the New and Noteworthy document. Detailed installation instructions are also available.

As always downloads are available from the STS download page.

Regards,
    Martin

I'm upgrading from STS 2.6.1 using the exact same proxy settings in 2.7.2 but it cannot connect to the internet so I can download updates and add-ons. Is there something special I need to do in this version? My 2.6.1 installation connects just fine.

Comment

It's working now after restarting STS.

Comment

Glad to hear that its now working! :-)

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Apparently you have to restart STS anytime you make changes to Network Connections.

Comment

Is that the case for all kind of network transfers or just for specific actions you are doing in the IDE for which you need the network?

Comment

I guess not all network changes require a restart but here is an example of one that does:
              I'm behind a firewall and have my proxy settings configured so they work when Active Provider is set to Manual.
              If I change from Manual to Direct (or Native), and refresh the Updates section of the Dashboard it says "No entries found. Ensure firewall and proxy settings are appropriately configured." (as expected).
              But when I change back from Direct to Manual and refresh the Updates section of the Dashboard, it still cannot connect. I have to restart STS to get it to connect again.

Also, changing the Active Provider to Native doesn't seem to do anything at all. After changing to Native (and clicking Apply and OK), if I go back and view the Network Connections, the Active Profile is set back to Direct. I assume Native means it's supposed to use the native OS network settings but it doesn't seems to work. It would be nice to get this working so I don't have to set up manual proxy settings.

Comment

Groovy/Grails syntax highlighting still partially broken

Just upgraded from STS 2.7.1 carbon to STS 2.7.2 cocoa 32bit on Mac OS X (10.6.8) and groovy/grails syntax highlight is still partially broken.

Case in point: slash-slash and slash-star comments. Both are black instead of the color set in the Java syntax highlighting settings.

At least highlighting selected text works again (in 2.7.1 it wouldn't color the selected text, and show you what you just selected) until you released the
                mouse button after dragging.

STS is great but stuff like this is disheartening for the flagship grails IDE.

Comment

@seamonkey, I think you are talking about one of these two issues: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1161 and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1162. Both are now fixed in the nightly builds of Groovy-Eclipse and STS. I would recommend that you upgrade to the nightly build of Grails STS tooling, available here:
                  http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...S/nightly/e3.7

and the nightly build of Groovy-Eclipse, which is available here:
                  http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/dist...snapshot/e3.7/

We are just about to release M2 of STS 2.8.0, so things are fairly stable now.

Let me know if this fixes the problem and in the future, please let us know about any bugs/annoyances and we will address them.

Comment

Working...
                  X