X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Spring Template Project does not load the home page

Hello Everyone. I'm new to Spring but not Java. In the course of learning the Spring framework, I decided to create a new Spring Template Project in STS. The project is created and everything looks in order. I decided to make sure the project can compile before I begin to edit it and I found that the home page can not be loaded - I get the 404 error. The server starts and runs without any exceptions being thrown. I have tried this project on tc Server and JBoss 5 and both come up empty. I have searched the forums but no one seems to address this exact same issue when the project has not been touched yet. Can anyone help please?

-Thanks,

Ryan

I would like to add that the template used is a Spring MVC Project.

I imagine that there must be a routing problem to the home page. Shouldn't the template be already set up to load the home page when the project is created? Anyone? Please?

- Ryan

Comment

Hi!

I tried this and it works nicely here. Can you try to check whether these steps work for you as well?

- started STS 2.7.1 with a fresh and empty workspace
      - created a new project via "Spring Project Templates" and chose the MVC template
      - gave the project a name and a package structure (within the new template project dialog)
      - finished the new project wizard
      - dropped the project onto the tc Server 2.5 in the Servers view
      - started the tc Server 2.5
      - watched the console to see what is going on, no error messages are showing up
      - opened a browser at localhost:8080, showed me the tc Server homepage
      - opened a browser at localhost:8080/mymvcproject (the name I gave the project), shows the default homepage ("Hello World")

-Martin

Comment

Working...
      X