Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Issue with STS with the content provided in the spring source training. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with STS with the content provided in the spring source training.

Hi Guys,

I have attended spring source training last december in newyorkl one newyork plaza and was refreshing the same and ran in to following issue with I opened the workspace

I am getting the following exception.

Could not read maven project
    1 problem was encountered while building the effective model for com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE
    [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Project:1.1.2.RELEASE for com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE: Failed to resolve POM for com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Project:1.1.2.RELEASE due to The repository system is offline and the requested artifact is not locally available at C:\Users\nala\.m2\repository\com\springsource\trai ning\common\abstractHibernateProject\1.1.2.RELEASE \abstractHibernateProject-1.1.2.RELEASE.pom
    com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Projectom:1.1.2.RELEASE

from the specified remote repositories:
    com.springsource.training.snapshot (https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/snapshot, releases=true, snapshots=true),
    com.springsource.training.release (https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/release, releases=true, snapshots=false),
    central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    @ com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE, C:\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\hibernate-1-solution\pom.xml
    for project com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE at C:\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\hibernate-1-solution\pom.xml
    1 problem was encountered while building the effective model for com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE
    [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Project:1.1.2.RELEASE for com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE: Failed to resolve POM for com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Project:1.1.2.RELEASE due to The repository system is offline and the requested artifact is not locally available at C:\Users\nala\.m2\repository\com\springsource\trai ning\common\abstractHibernateProject\1.1.2.RELEASE \abstractHibernateProject-1.1.2.RELEASE.pom
    com.springsource.training.common:abstractHibernate Projectom:1.1.2.RELEASE

from the specified remote repositories:
    com.springsource.training.snapshot (https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/snapshot, releases=true, snapshots=true),
    com.springsource.training.release (https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/release, releases=true, snapshots=false),
    central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    @ com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE, C:\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\hibernate-1-solution\pom.xml
    for project com.springsource.training.module:hibernate-1-solution:3.1.1.RELEASE at C:\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\core-spring-3.1.1.RELEASE\hibernate-1-solution\pom.xml

I would appreciate any help in this regards

Hey!

Seems like STS (or Maven) is not able to locate the repositories that are configured in the pom files. Are you behind a proxy?
    Maybe you need to configure the network settings within STS for your proxy...

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi martin,

all I had to do was a reinstall and that did the trick I also need to go in offline mode that is what the training material defaults maven to !! strange.Thanks for responding.

Comment

Hi,all
        I also came across this problem. could you tell me how do you resolved it? I have reinstall many time.. but it still have problems

Description Resource Path Location Type
        Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not transfer artifact com.springsource.training.common:abstractContainer Projectom:1.1.7.RELEASE from/to com.springsource.training.snapshot (https://tbits.springsource.com/repository/snapshot): java.net.ConnectException and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM pom.xml /spring-intro-1-solution line 1 Maven Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type
        Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: The repository system is offline but the artifact com.springsource.training.common:abstractContainer Projectom:1.1.7.RELEASE is not available in the local repository. and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM pom.xml /spring-intro-1-start line 1 Maven Problem

Originally posted by swaroopanl View Post
        Hi martin,

all I had to do was a reinstall and that did the trick I also need to go in offline mode that is what the training material defaults maven to !! strange.Thanks for responding.

Comment

sumup this tips:

must be install twice, should be overwrite mode. sign!
          test on fedora 14.java 7,maven 3

Comment

Is there a 'Training' project in Springsource Jira where issues are tracked?

I am in the core training class now and there are some issues like the maven POM one described in this thread. It clearly is an issue obtaining the jar from Springsource via the url (I just don't think it is located there anymore).

Note that these issues only occur when I download and install the latest version of STS, and then try and follow the course instructions for getting all of the lab projects imported and running. If I use the version packaged with the course materials, it works fine. But it is an old version of STS, and so I'd like to get it working with the current STS.

The training class itself is delivered by third parties, but according to them the course material, STS, training jars and so on - are all owned and maintained by SpringSource.

For example, there are 7 jars in the following package space: C:\springsource\repository\com\springsource\traini ng\common
            There are dependencies in the customized STS version for these jars, as well as a dependency on an extension of the eclipse import wizard.

As another oddity, the STS installation file name, and splash screen, all indicate STS 3.2. However, after install, if I inspect the installation details, it indicates: C:\springsource\sts-2.7.1.RELEASE (using help - about sts)

H

Comment

Hi,
              the training environment relies on the variable M2_HOME which is set by the M2E Eclipse plugin. For some reason, when STS/Eclipse didn't shut down properly, this variable sometimes gets assigned the wrong value. Here are some possible fixes:
              1) go into Windows -> Preferences -> Maven -> User Settings and make sure that your local repository points to the right place. If not, that's because you're pointing to the wrong settings.xml file. You should point to the one which is at the root of your 'workspace' folder.

2) If (1) didn't work, just stop STS, delete your 'workspace' folder and restart STS.

I hope that will help .

Cheers,
              Michael.

Comment

Working...
              X