X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigator view does not show all files in the project

I am using STS for the first time so this is probably an embarrassingly basic problem but I'm stuck. I created a new MVC project in STS. When I look at the navigator view of the project I do not see all of the files that STS created. All I see is the tree src->main->webapp->WEB-INF->spring->appServlet

I created a new project in Eclipse 3.5 and pointed it to the files in the repository that were created by STS and the navigator view shows all of the files.

A refresh of the STS project did nothing.

What do I need to tell STS in order to see all of the project files.

Thanks for any help or advice,
    -=b

There are probably some 'view filters' active. Most viewers will have some items in their context menu to configure the filters.
    Look for something called 'Filters...' or 'Configure content' in the views menu (accesses from the little triangle button on the top right of the view).

Comment

Kris,
      Thanks for taking the time to reply to a newbie question. The problem was not filters, there were none set. I created five MVC template projects in a row and all had the same problem. I just created a sixth, exactly the same procedure as the previous five, and the files are visible. The only difference was that I took my dog for a walk between the fifth and sixth attempts. The STS team may want to make a note of that.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to a dumb question,
      -=b

Comment

I finally figured out what was going on. The problem I was seeing was produced by adding an MVC template project to the working sets as a 'Spring' project. When I add the project as a 'Java' project I see all of the files in the repository that belong to the project.

Is there some reason that this behavior is taking place? I mean, as a Spring vs Java project, is there some reason to not show all of the project files?

Comment

> Is there some reason that this behavior is taking place? I mean, as a Spring vs Java project, is there some reason to not show all of the project files?

I don't know, it could be a bug. Workingsets are a mechanism for filtering views. So if you view by workinset, and maybe 'spring project workingset' isn't really implemented properly,
          it could explain what you are seeing.

Probably nobody noticed any problems with it because nobody is using that feature much. (As I think many people don't even use workingsets, and for those that do, the tendency is to use 'Java workinset' by default).

If you can reproduce the problem behavior you might want to raise a bug-report, so someone can look into it.

Bug reports go here:
          https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

Kris

Comment

Working...
          X