Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 2.7.1 ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener ClassNotFound for a tomcat-6 server Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.7.1 ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener ClassNotFound for a tomcat-6 server

Hello:

I'm trying to create in STS 2.7.1 a server using as Runtime Environment a tomcat-6 version (and a IBM RAD 7 JRE) as I did in STS 2.6.1, but it doesn't work. I had no problems in STS 2.6.1 with the same configuration.

I presume that the problem relies on the existing spring-insight-instance that it's available to use when creating a new server.

The one from the vfabric-tc-server-developer, the server that comes with STS 2.7.1, creates a server not compatible with tomcat-6, in spite the fact that it has a tomcat-6.0.32.B.RELEASE.

The server.xml that it's created within the new server contains a Listener whose class (org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventio nListener) is only available in tomcat 7:
    Code:
    GRAVE: Begin event threw exception
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:496)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:631)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:597)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:205)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:153)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1378)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1664)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:524)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:562)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:261)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    In order to avoid these problems using as Runtime Environment, the one from the STS 2.6.1, I mean, in the Server Runtime Environment configuration (Preferences -> Servers) I use the STS 2.6.1 directory ([STS_ROOT]\springsource-2.6.0\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE) and it works.

It's also possible to copy an existing server.xml file to the new server. I used the one from the server that I created in the STS 2.6.1.

However, if you don't have a previous STS version, you can't do that.

Can you take a look to this issue?

Thanks.

Hi!

How exactly did you create the server instance within STS? I tried to reproduce the problem, but I don't see the error.

Here is what I tried:
    - startup STS 2.7.1
    - create a new server from the Servers view
    - select vFabric tc Server 2.5
    - clicked on the "add" hyperlink behind the "Server runtime environment" dropdown
    - chose the vFabric tc Server installation directory that comes with STS 2.7.1 (tc Server 2.5)
    - selected Tomcat 6 from the dropdown at the bottom, gave the server a name and pressed "Finish"
    - clicked "next" on the create new server dialog and selected "create new instance", pressed "next"
    - selected, for example, "base" and "bio" from the list of choices, gave the instance a name and pressed "next", followed by "finish"

Now I have a tomcat-6-based tc Server instance in my servers view that starts fine and lets you deploy apps into it. And this instance is completely separated from the spring-insight-instance that was created automatically using the tomcat-7-based tc Server config.

Can you try this within your setting to see if that works there as well?

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Thank you very much for the response.

It worked as you said.

The problem, as you expected, was that I chose the existing spring-insight-instance instead of creating a new one.

Now I have my problem solved but a lot of questions about tc server

Only one, if you don't mind: what are the templates used in the creation of the spring-insight-instance?

I don't want to bother you, so I supose the next step is to go to http://static.springsource.com/proje...g-started.html

While I am writing this answer, I realize that there are a difference in the "Templates Provided by tc Runtime", the version 2.5 adds 3 base templates: one general, another for tomcat 6 and the last for tomcat 7.

This was my error as you guessed right.

Thank you very much again.

P.S.: apologies for any weird expression, but I'm Spanish. I do the best I can with the English language.

Comment

STS creates a default instance using just the insight template. I don't know in detail what other parts that template contains (I guess it will use base and bio, but it is just a guess).
        Put your link to the tc server documentation seem to be the right point to look for further information.

Originally posted by jbbarquero View Post
        P.S.: apologies for any weird expression, but I'm Spanish. I do the best I can with the English language.
        No problem at all... I am also not a native speaker... :-)

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Thanks and cheers

Javier.
          Last edited by jbbarquero; Aug 31st, 2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
          X