X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohiomoto

To be honest I don't know if it could be SVN. I doubt it however. Perhaps this tool could be of use to you to help identify the process that is responsible:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653

Kris

Comment

ohiomoto,

Were you able to resolve your "jar locked" problem? I'd be interested to know what process was responsible for locking the jar, if you managed to figure this out. It could be useful for future reference (someone else may run into the same problem).

Kris

Comment

Kris,

I could not figure it out and the boss was getting antsy so I gave up on upgrading the project for now. I can still use my test project to try and pin down the problem if you have any more ideas, but I tried to find out what process had the hook in it and I couldn't. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Tim

Comment

Ohiomoto,

Don't apologise. I'm sorry the problem still persists for you. If you get time for it and do want to look into it more... it looks to me that its not STS that is locking the jar in your case (since STS was shutdown). No clue what it could be. The tool I pointed you to should allow you to determine what process is holding the file lock.

But I understand that it takes effort and time to install the tool and figure out how to use it. It is entirely up to you to decide whether or not it is worth it to you to try.

Kris

Comment

I downloaded the tool, but I'll need a little more time to figure out how to use it to find that lock. I'll try to carve out some time to look into it more tomorrow. It would be nice to figure it out in case someone else runs across this problem.

Tim

Comment

I would love to download it and try it out (especially for the grails upgrade) but there doesn't seem to be any download link on the page? Also seems like M2 has been released according to the JIRA release note.
              Thanks

Comment

Hi!

The download page shows the latest release version as top item, but when you click on "other downloads", you will see the download links to the milestone version.
                2.8.0.M2 was planned for yesterday, but got post-poned by a few days. I guess it will be published tomorrow and appear on the download page in the "other downloads" section as well.

HTH,
                Martin

Comment

Oh I just saw it! Thanks Martin. It's not very visible though, may be worth giving it a bit more visibility.
                  Good news/Great work about M2 I'll wait a couple of days to get it then.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X