Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Grails project does not show up adter successfull install of STS and installing exten Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grails project does not show up adter successfull install of STS and installing exten

Hello I have installed 64 bit STS on Mac and trying to develop grails application, unfortunately it does not give me option to create new Grails project.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited.

Did you install both the STS Grails Support and Grails extensions? One of the extensions provides IDE integration and the other provides that Grails commandline tools that it builds on. You need both of those installed.

It sounds to me like you have installed some extension(s) but the text seems truncated so its not clear what you have installed.

Comment

Installation of grails in STS

Thank you for your response, yes I have installed both of the components

STS Grails Support and Grails extensions are installed, I also found external sites and installed those components from update site.

Still it is not working.

appreciate your response

Comment

There are several things that could be happening here:

1. grails isn't actually installed because installation failed
        2. grails is installed, but can't start because of some exception
        3. grails is installed and started, but the new Grails Project wizard is not available.

So, look at the following:

1. Open your eclipse error log Window -> Show View -> Error Log
        2. Help -> About STS -> Installation details -> Features Do you see grails there?

Let me know what you see.
        Last edited by Andrew Eisenberg; Sep 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Hi,
          I have installed Grails support, extension both and when i start STS, it gives an error given below:
          The org.eclipse.jdt.ui.javaElementFilters plug-in extension "com.springsource.ide.grails.ui.hideSourceFoldersF ilters" specifies a viewer filter class which does not exist.
          Plug-in com.springsource.sts.grails.ui was unable to load class com.springsource.sts.grails.ui.internal.filter.Pac kageExplorerFilter.

When i look into preferences and select the grails option, it gives following error:
          Unable to create the selected preference page.
          An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.springsource.sts.grails.ui (1036).

STS is 2.7.1 and Grails support is 1.3.7 (all on 32 bit)
          I can see the option of "Create New -> Grails project", but when selected above errors are repeated.
          Can someone help as how to get rid of it and i can create grails project?

Comment

You are getting the 'hideSourceFolderFilters' error because the grails tooling support threw an exception on startup. Can you open up your error log and see if you can find any relevant errors (if not, feel free to attach the whole thing)?

To get the error log, go to Window -> Show View -> Error Log.

Comment

Working...
            X