Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problematic plugin com.springsource.bundlor from STS 2.6.1 to 2.7.0 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problematic plugin com.springsource.bundlor from STS 2.6.1 to 2.7.0

Hello Guys

I have created three Spring Template Project of type Simple Spring Utiliy Project with STS 2.6.1 and work fine, I installed some weeks ago the STS 2.7.0 with its own workspace but I never created a project from such workspace for lack of time

I did a backup of my three projects (therefore of course 3 directories) created on STS 2.6.1 since my hard disk crashed, I installed the STS 2.7.0 and I just pasted these projects into the own workspace of STS 2.7.0 and when I build my applications it does not work anymore, the problem is when I clean and build the project, the code compile well, but the inner or nested customized directories from src/main/resources never are copied to the target directory, the rest of the .class files yes exists, after to spent 30 minutes, I did realize the follow, in the console I got this error message (and some warnings, consider fix these warnings for a new STS release)

Code:
    ...: Update started
    ...: Generating sources /integrationchannel/pom.xml
    ...: [WARN] 
    ...: [WARN] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.springframework.samples.spring:spring-utility:jar:1.0.0.CI-SNAPSHOT
    ...: [WARN] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 137, column 12
    ...: [WARN] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 145, column 12
    ...: [WARN] The expression ${pom.artifactId} is deprecated. Please use ${project.artifactId} instead.
    ...: [WARN] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
    ...: [WARN] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
    ...: [WARN] The POM for com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE is missing, no dependency information available
    ...: Build error for /integrationchannel/pom.xml; 
    org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: 
    Plugin com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.RELEASE 
    or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: 
    Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.springsource.bundlor:
    com.springsource.bundlor.maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE
    ...: Adding source folder /integrationchannel/src/main/java
    ...: Adding resource folder /integrationchannel/src/main/resources
    ...: Adding source folder /integrationchannel/src/test/java
    ...: Adding resource folder /integrationchannel/src/test/resources
    ...: Update completed: 0 sec
    After to create a new Spring Template Project of type Simple Spring Utiliy Project but now with STS 2.7.0, I did a deeper comparison about the pom.xml files created by each STS release, I did realize that STS 2.6.1 has created this plugin

Code:
                    <plugin>
    			<groupId>com.springsource.bundlor</groupId>
    			<artifactId>com.springsource.bundlor.maven</artifactId>
    			<version>1.0.0.RELEASE</version>
    			<inherited>true</inherited>
    			<executions>
    				<execution>
    					<id>bundlor-transform</id>
    					<goals>
    						<goal>bundlor</goal>
    					</goals>
    				</execution>
    			</executions>
    		</plugin>
    where STS 2.7.0 does not created this plugin, after to delete or commented this plugin from my previous projects all work again

Is it a bug?, Realize yourself that practically the projects are not portable forward anymore

Thanks in advanced

Hey Manuel!

Thanks for this report. It looks like the bundlor reference within those old projects isn't available anymore or isn't working as expected. Since it is not necessary for those projects, we removed that reference from the templare project. But the question remains why the reference for the old projects is causing trouble. I will give it a try to see what is going on, ok?

Thanks again,
    -Martin

Comment

Hello Martin

Thanks for this report.
      You're welcome, this IDE rocks!!!

It looks like the bundlor reference within those old projects isn't available anymore or isn't working as expected.
      Yes, it was removed, what is the function of such plugin?

But the question remains why the reference for the old projects is causing trouble.
      You are the expert here

I will give it a try to see what is going on, ok?
      Of course, no problem, I know SpringSource's developers are always busy to bring us the best tools and projects for us

Could you check this link please?
      Why this behaviour on 'package explorer' after to do 'Update Project Configuration'

Thanks again,
      Thanks to you and all SpringSource's developers for your effort and time

My Best Regards From Peru

Comment

Working...
      X