Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot launch my app with STS 2.7.0 on any server

Hi

I have a web app that is combined of a chain of project dependencies using Maven 2. The app uses Hibernate 3.5.6. So far I have used STS 2.3.2 and everything worked perfectly.

However, when I switched to STS 2.7.0, I couldn't start the app any of the servers. I tried with the default vFabric tc server and my old tc server (6.0 which I used with STS 2.3.2) but none worked. It starts the launch but then fails to load the app context.

The core reason according to the stack trace is that ClassLoader can not instantiate at least one of my entities, throwing a ClassNotFoundException.

Few facts:
    1. JUnit tests that use the same chain of projects work fine and communicate with the DB using the same configuration.
    2. STS 2.7.0 is completely fresh, not an upgrade of sort.
    3. Same goes for the workspace - created by 2.7.0.
    4. Maven Integration for WTP and Eclipse is installed (comes with STS 2.7.0).
    5. I can see the entire project structure when I add the project to the server.
    6. I physically checked the wtpwebapps deployment folder and indeed the class was there, inside the correct jar.
    7. If matters, the class is at the base project, that is not dependent of any other project.

When deploying again the app in STS 2.3.2 it works ok.

What can cause this?

Stacktrace:
    Code:
    2011-07-11 17:25:31,385 [Thread-10] ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.security.config.http.UserDetailsServiceInjectionBeanPostProcessor#0': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0' while setting bean property 'transactionAttributeSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mycompany/myapp/mypackage/MyEntity
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:452)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.registerBeanPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:722)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:410)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4701)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5204)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5199)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0' while setting bean property 'transactionAttributeSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mycompany/myapp/mypackage/MyEntity
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanFactoryAdvisorRetrievalHelper.findAdvisorBeans(BeanFactoryAdvisorRetrievalHelper.java:86)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.findCandidateAdvisors(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:100)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.findCandidateAdvisors(AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.java:84)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.autoproxy.AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.shouldSkip(AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:107)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.postProcessBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:278)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:848)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.resolveBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:820)
    	... 18 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mycompany/myapp/mypackage/MyEntity
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:452)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:322)
    	... 34 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mycompany/myapp/mypackage/MyEntity
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1791)
    	at org.aspectj.internal.lang.reflect.AjTypeImpl.getDeclarePrecedence(AjTypeImpl.java:1050)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.AspectMetadata.<init>(AspectMetadata.java:87)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.BeanFactoryAspectJAdvisorsBuilder.buildAspectJAdvisors(BeanFactoryAspectJAdvisorsBuilder.java:105)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.annotation.AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.findCandidateAdvisors(AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator.java:86)
    	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.autoproxy.AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.shouldSkip(AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:107)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator.postProcessBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:278)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:848)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.resolveBeforeInstantiation(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:820)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:446)
    	... 39 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mycompany.myapp.mypackage.MyEntity
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
    	... 51 more

Hi!

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue. I think we need to analyze this in more detail. Would it be possible to send us your project to reproduce the problem (via private email possible as well)? Or do you another sample project for this at hand? That would be really great.

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin
      I made a sample project with the same configuration - much simpler - and it did reproduce! I run it on STS 2.3.2 and it works, 2.7.1 doesn't.
      Please let me know how to send you the project.
      Yuval

Comment

Hey!

I sent you a message with my email address, if it is not too big you can send it as an attachment.
        Thanks!!!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Working...
        X