X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,I try your solution and works.thanks so much.I used a eclipse plugin named filesync to deploy my project successful.But i think your solution is better than me.
    P.S i google 'eclipse Deployment Assembly" to get some info about the Deployment Assembly(I ever known the phrase),and search the eclipse help content,no useful message i got.Please tell me more about Deployment Assembly.

I love STS,I am going to tell my college to use STS.

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
    Hey!

I looked at your example, thanks for posting the details and the sample. Here is what I did to make this work:

- in the web1 project, I opened the project preferences, selected "Deployment Assembly" and added the java1 project as a project to that list.

- in the java1 project, I also opened the project preferences, selected "Deployment Assembly" and added the log4j jar file (as build path entry) to that list.

After that I don't see any exceptions anymore.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hey!

Since the Deployment Assembly comes with the Eclipse Webtools project, I don't have anything special at hand except from their documentation at http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/

And great to hear your enthusiasm about the tooling. Always great to hear!!!

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Any one can provide some cofigurations for windows xp 32 bit,On my laptop,STS almost did not run,I want to coding on my laptop.
        Please and thanks

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
        STS runs on top of a JVM that is configured at startup with some default values that we think are suitable for many users. Nevertheless users may find other settings more useful for them, especially when using additional extensions for other languages like the Groovy or Scala, a larger heap can improve performance a lot, for example.

The JVM that STS is running on is configured in the sts.ini file. You can find this in the same place as the STS executable (Mac users might need to dive into the STS.app bundle and there into Contents/MacOS). Open sts.ini and take a look at the default settings (among other settings which you should not touch):

Code:
        -vmargs
        -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
        -Xmn128m
        -Xms256m
        -Xmx768m
        -Xss1m
        -XX:PermSize=128m
        -XX:MaxPermSize=384m
        Here you can change the maximum heap setting (-Xmx2048m for example) and all the other JVM options that your runtime offers.

Note: Some operating systems, especially the 32bit ones, restrict the maximum memory setting for a single app to a specific amount, so STS might fail to start the JVM if your settings are not valid on your system. Backing up the sts.ini file before changing it is therefore recommended.

I would also like to invite everybody to share their optimal settings here, so others can try out!

Looking forward to reading about your experiences with different settings!

Best regards,
        -Martin

Comment

Hey!

The standard settings that come with STS 2.9.2 just work fine when I start STS on my XP machine.

But you can also try to reduce the memory settings down (-Xmx) from 768m to 512m and the permgen space (-XX:MaxPermSize) from 384m to 256m, if the default settings don't work.

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X