Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-XX:+UseParallelGC
    -server
    Above parameters can affect the tomcat or other jsp container speed?
    I am not familiar with above parameters

Comment

Hi!

Just as a side note: If you set JVM settings in sts.ini, they are not affecting your Tomcat or tc Server. Those settings (and this thread) are for the JVM that run your IDE (Eclipse/STS).

And I have no personal data to share what the best settings for tc Server or Tomcat are. You should ask those questions in the Tomcat and/or tc Server forums. I guess there are a lot more people more familiar with settings for Tomcat and tc Server.

Regarding STS: I would not use -server (this switches the internal JVM incremental compiler technology to the server-side variant, giving you better performance when you have long-running processes), but if you have multiple cores, I would use -XX:+UseParallelGC (which improves garbage collection speed due to parallel execution within the GC)

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

thanks,Martin, I'll try some new resolution for my case,and then share my experience here.

Comment

Sorry,I spent two days on transforming my myeclipse projects to STS,but failure,I google and google again,I give up STS.

Comment

Hey!

Can you let us know what exactly the problem is?

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

So much!
              1.Our projects developed with myeclipse and using svn manage source code.I check out project from our svn repo,and change .project and .classpaht .settings/.... to the STS format.
              2.I try to use tomcat6 deploy web projects(more than 2 at same time),and they depends each other.I can not deploy success.We do not use maven.
              3.I try to deploy only one web project,It success,but i can not figure out why more than 2 projects deploy at same time fail.

4.I try to replace tomcat with tcServer,fail too.

I upload some capture to clear my quesion.
              Attachment Attachment Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey!

1. Why do you need to change .project and .classpath settings? STS is using nothing special here, just the standard Eclipse settings. What exactly did you change there? Do those projects contain anything special for myeclipse?

2. + 3. What problem do you see exactly? Can you maybe attach a small sample project that illustrates the problem?

4. You don't need to work with tc Server when using STS, you can continue to use Tomcat, if you want. But aside of that, can you provide more details what exactly goes wrong when you try to deploy your project to tc Server?

-Martin

Comment

Transform myeclipse projects to STS fail

Can see those images i uploaded?
                  I compared those files:.project,.classpath and .setting/ files with STS project,They are different from the web project that create from STS.
                  Our source structure in svn repository like the image show:
                  Attachment
                  This is .project file from myclipse web project
                  Code:
                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                  <projectDescription>
                  	<name>beiker</name>
                  	<comment></comment>
                  	<projects>
                  	</projects>
                  	<buildSpec>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.builder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.WebClasspathBuilder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProjectValidator</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.DeploymentDescriptorValidator</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>org.eclipse.wst.validation.validationbuilder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>com.genuitec.eclipse.springframework.springbuilder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  		<buildCommand>
                  			<name>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder</name>
                  			<arguments>
                  			</arguments>
                  		</buildCommand>
                  	</buildSpec>
                  	<natures>
                  		<nature>org.eclipse.jem.workbench.JavaEMFNature</nature>
                  		<nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.deploymentnature</nature>
                  		<nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.springframework.springnature</nature>
                  		<nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.webnature</nature>
                  		<nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
                  		<nature>org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.jsNature</nature>
                  		<nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.nature</nature>
                  		<nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore.ModuleCoreNature</nature>
                  	</natures>
                  </projectDescription>

The key issue is(I guess),STS can not recognise the myeclipse web project,but i manually change the project facets,they STS can not deploy the myeclipse web app.

I spend another day to transform the myeclipse projects to STS,remain fail.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Martin Lippert; Apr 13th, 2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but I edited your post and removed the big font and the red color. That didn't really help here...

Comment

And can you attach a small sample project (the version before you edited anything manually in order to make it fit into STS)? That would be great. Thanks!!!

Comment

I can not upload the whole project files.That is our business project.I upload some myeclipse project metadata files instead.

Comment

Hey!

Hard to say from just the metadata, because I guess you transformed it into Eclipse WTP style, right?
                          (something like this I guess: http://nileshk.com/2005/11/03/migrat...se-to-wtp.html)

I am wondering if the problem is STS-specific or also related to standard Eclipse webtools, in which case we might find additional useful information on their forums/mailing lists. Did you try that?

-Martin

Comment

Thanks,Martin.
                            To use STS(I love it),I create two projects to solve the issue.There are two projects,one is java project,another is web project.see my attachment file.I remove the dependency log4j for the size limit of the forum.
                            I add the java project(Java1) to the web project web1 build path(project),and then deploy the project to tomcat6.x.There is just one jsp file named index.jsp in the web1.After starting tomcat,I go into http://www.qianpin.com/web1/ and get the exception:
                            Code:
                            org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/qianpin/java/test/HelloWorld
                            The HelloWorld is in the java project.Could you see my test? thanks.
                            P.S No sts users encounter my issue? I google and search in the forum both,no relate information.

Comment

I google this page:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...r-java-project
                              My issue is as same as that.After i deploy my webproject,tomcat can not find the java project classes.

Comment

Hey!

I looked at your example, thanks for posting the details and the sample. Here is what I did to make this work:

- in the web1 project, I opened the project preferences, selected "Deployment Assembly" and added the java1 project as a project to that list.

- in the java1 project, I also opened the project preferences, selected "Deployment Assembly" and added the log4j jar file (as build path entry) to that list.

After that I don't see any exceptions anymore.

HTH,
                                Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X