Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging problems with Eclipse Profiler

Hi there,

sorry if this seems a bit of a random posting but...

I've been trying to get using Eclipse for the past couple of days mainly to use the free Profiler tool it comes with.

I was able to run an application using the default "run as Java Application" with the Spring framework with no problems.

However, as soon as I tried to run it as a "profiler application" I started getting a java.lang.VerifyError.

I used the JVM -noverify flag and got this:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.setLog Factory(org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory) (Caused by java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.setLog Factory(org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory))
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.new Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.get Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.get Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFa ctory.java:351)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.<init>(AbstractBeanFactory.java:99)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.<init>(AbstractAutowire CapableBeanFactory.java:104)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.<init>(AbstractAutowire CapableBeanFactory.java:113)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.<init>(DefaultListableBeanFacto ry.java:87)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFacto ry.<init>(XmlBeanFactory.java:67)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFacto ry.<init>(XmlBeanFactory.java:56)
    at org.thorne.lettings.Main2.accessService(Main2.java :27)
    at org.thorne.lettings.Main2.main(Main2.java:20)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.setLog Factory(org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.get LogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:402)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.new Instance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529)
    ... 11 more
    Exception in thread "main"

It's weird since I don't get this at all running without the profiler plugin.

I don't know much about plugins being a Eclipse newbie but surely other people have managed to get their Spring apps running with Eclipse and the profiler. It's a shame because I was just starting to forgive Eclipse for being so different to IntelliJ...

I'm running Eclipse 3.1.1 and Spring 1.2.5. All of my libraries are coming out of the Spring dependencies lib.

thanks for any experiences shared...

Neil

It took me a long time to find this problem, but I discovered that the original VerifyError was happening because the 'Profile system classes' option was checked in the 'Profiler Adv.' tab of the launch configuration. I'd turn the -noverify option off, uncheck that box, and try again. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X