X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Davide,

Could you also tell me how you installed STS initially? Did you install STS on top of Eclipse? If so what version of Eclipse are you using?

Thanks!
    Terry

Comment

I had a STS 2.5 installation which got sequentially upgraded over a few releases over time. Recently, I upgraded it from 2.7.0.M1 to 2.7.0.M2 and after which STS no longer prompts me for workspace on start-up. It goes to the workspace I used when I performed the upgrade which is an empty workspace.

I downloaded latest STS 2.6.1 SR1 and installed it on my home directory and installed all the relevant extensions (Google, Groovy, Data Nucleus). Then updated it to 2.7.0.M2 -- still the same start-up behaviour -- does not prompt me for workspace to choose.

After such slate of feedback, you have to accept that it is indeed true that STS 2.7.0.M2 has a start-up misbehaviour towards prompting for workspace.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit
      Linux 2.6.32.32
      STS eclipse 64 bit

Comment

@thon
        I installed STS using its standalone installer from http://www.springsource.com/downloads/sts (hence not as an eclipse plugin).
        Please note now has been filled STS-1853 for this issue.

Cheers
        Davide
        Originally posted by thon View Post
        Hi Davide,

Could you also tell me how you installed STS initially? Did you install STS on top of Eclipse? If so what version of Eclipse are you using?

Thanks!
        Terry

Comment

Hi!

Originally posted by BlessedGeek View Post
          I had a STS 2.5 installation which got sequentially upgraded over a few releases over time. Recently, I upgraded it from 2.7.0.M1 to 2.7.0.M2 and after which STS no longer prompts me for workspace on start-up. It goes to the workspace I used when I performed the upgrade which is an empty workspace.

I downloaded latest STS 2.6.1 SR1 and installed it on my home directory and installed all the relevant extensions (Google, Groovy, Data Nucleus). Then updated it to 2.7.0.M2 -- still the same start-up behaviour -- does not prompt me for workspace to choose.

After such slate of feedback, you have to accept that it is indeed true that STS 2.7.0.M2 has a start-up misbehaviour towards prompting for workspace.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit
          Linux 2.6.32.32
          STS eclipse 64 bit
          Of course I believe you and your reports, I just wanna find out where this misbehavior comes from... :-)
          Right now it seems like only Linux users are reporting this. Is that true? Anyone on Windows or Mac seeing this?

-Martin

Comment

Hey!

Kris reports that this "STS always opens the same workspace, even without prompting the dialog at startup" problem went away after starting STS with the "-clean" option once. Can you check whether this works in your cases as well?

HTH,
            -Martin

Comment

Eclipse 3.6.2 too

I downloaded eclipse 3.6.2 latest eclipse-jee-helios-SR2-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz and installed it. It also suffers from the same problem.

I have to run with -clean everytime. Running it once does not solve the problem. Running with -clean seems to start slower.

Comment

Hey!

Is this a plain vanilla eclipse 3.6.2 installation or did you add something to it?
                Is the location of the installation writable for the user when starting Eclipse?

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                X