Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 2.7.0.M2 released Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • STS 2.7.0.M2 released

    Dear Spring Community,

    I'm pleased to announce that we just released the second milestone build for the next release of the SpringSource Tool Suite (STS).

    This milestone brings mostly new features for the Cloud Foundry support and Groovy&Grails developers, including:
    • Improved Cloud Foundry support
    • Support for Grails 1.4
    • Grails aware Rename Type Refactoring
    • Improved content assist for GSPs
    • Improved Gradle support

    More details can be found in the New and Noteworthy for 2.7.0.M2 document. Detailed installation instructions are also available, please look at the installation from the milestone update sites.

    As always downloads are available from the STS download page, check "Other Downloads".

    The release is planned for the beginning of July.

    Regards,
    Martin

  • #2
    I realize you guys are working quite hard on this, is there any ETA on the 3.1 support?

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you try Spring 3.1.0.M2 with STS 2.7.0.M2? It should work a lot better and not produce those tedious errors that we had before using 3.1.0.M1 of Spring.
      With regards to the full support: 2.7.0 will ship at the beginning of July and that version should work with 3.1.0 versions of the Spring framework. We won't have special dedicated IDE support for some of the new features, but that will ship with STS 2.8.0 (that is at least the plan right now).

      HTH,
      Martin

      Comment


      • #4
        Upgrade issues?

        Is this going to be compatible with my existing workspaces created with 2.6.1? I really don't relish the idea of having to recreate my workspaces yet again, but I'd really like to work with the updated Grails and Gradle support.

        Is it ever going to be possible to actually, you know, UPGRADE STS as opposed to a complete new installation? I realize this is an Eclipse issue, not an STS issue, but it is quite frustrating...

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi!

          Originally posted by rherrick View Post
          Is this going to be compatible with my existing workspaces created with 2.6.1? I really don't relish the idea of having to recreate my workspaces yet again, but I'd really like to work with the updated Grails and Gradle support.
          You can always open existing workspaces with newer versions of STS. There is no need to setup a new workspace.

          Originally posted by rherrick View Post
          Is it ever going to be possible to actually, you know, UPGRADE STS as opposed to a complete new installation? I realize this is an Eclipse issue, not an STS issue, but it is quite frustrating...
          Eclipse/STS allows you to upgrade existing installations to never versions. Once a new release version is out, you can "check for updates" and install the new version right into your existing installation. If you wanna upgrade from a release version to a newer milestone version, you would need to deactivate the default STS update site and add the milestone update site. Then select "check for updates" again and you will see the milestone version showing up and you can install it again directly into your existing STS installation.

          HTH,
          Martin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
            You can always open existing workspaces with newer versions of STS. There is no need to setup a new workspace.
            I actually had a lot of issues back in the 2.3.x and 2.5.x versions going from, e.g., 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 because of changes in server configuration, etc. I'll take your word for it that my 2.6.x workspaces will work properly though!

            Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
            Eclipse/STS allows you to upgrade existing installations to never versions. Once a new release version is out, you can "check for updates" and install the new version right into your existing installation. If you wanna upgrade from a release version to a newer milestone version, you would need to deactivate the default STS update site and add the milestone update site. Then select "check for updates" again and you will see the milestone version showing up and you can install it again directly into your existing STS installation.
            I hadn't found this capability before. I'll try to run with this and see how it works. Thanks a lot for the info! If anyone else needs a pointer to the appropriate update site URLs, the process is described in this document.

            Thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              After 2.7.0.M2 upgrade STS always starts with an empty workspace

              Hi guys,
              after I upgraded to 2.7.0.M2 the IDE always starts with an empty workspace (it forgets the last opened one).
              Is there any known reason?

              Comment


              • #8
                Always starts an empty workspace

                Hey I have the same issue. Changing the workspaces prefs does not work.
                Is there any workaround?

                Thanks!


                Originally posted by d_cavestro View Post
                Hi guys,
                after I upgraded to 2.7.0.M2 the IDE always starts with an empty workspace (it forgets the last opened one).
                Is there any known reason?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey!

                  Hm, sounds strange, never saw this. Does STS starts with a different, empty workspace and you can switch back to your old, still existing workspace? Or is your old workspace wiped out somehow?

                  -Martin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Martin,
                    always the former: STS starts with a different, empty workspace and I can switch back to my old, still existing workspace.

                    Cheers
                    Davide
                    Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
                    Hey!
                    Does STS starts with a different, empty workspace and you can switch back to your old, still existing workspace? Or is your old workspace wiped out somehow?

                    -Martin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Davide!
                      Can you check the preferences for this? (Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown -> Workspaces)
                      -Martin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Surely,
                        here you are:Attachment
                        I see Prompt for workspace on startup unchecked and then the controls for recent workspaces history.

                        Cheers
                        Davide
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi,

                          I'm having the same problem with STS opening without prompting to me to select the workspace. The workspace it keeps opening seems to be the default one that is created in My Documents\workspace-sts-2.7.0.M2. It started happening once I upgraded to 2.7.0.M2 from 2.6.1. I checked my preferences and I have the Prompt for workspace on startup checked. Any ideas as to why it would not prompt even though it's checked in the preferences?

                          Thanks,
                          -Ben

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey!

                            This "it opens the default workspace all the time" after switching to 2.7.0.M2 is really strange, since we haven't changed stuff in that area and haven't switched Eclipse versions or so. That is why I am somewhat confused about this. Did you upgrade your existing installation to M2 or did you install a fresh M2 into a different location?

                            I opened this JIRA issue to track this:
                            https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1853

                            It would be great if you could add your comments there, maybe also telling me on what OS you are etc.
                            Thanks!!!

                            -Martin

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Actually, I'm having this issue with my 2.7.0.M2 installation as well. Those options don't work, and STS is always opening the same workspace, no matter what I try. I think it is the workspace that I decided to open the first time I used the 2.7.0.M2 installation. At first I didn't notice this, because it happened to be the workspace I wanted to work with anyway.

                              But now, each time it keeps opening the same workspace and if I want to work with another want I have to go to "File >> Switch Workspace".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X