Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 2.6.1 XML Catalog plugin entries missing springframework schemas Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.6.1 XML Catalog plugin entries missing springframework schemas

In previous versions (e.g. 2.5.0 and 2.5.2) the XML catalog plugin entries contained xsd entries for all of the various spring framework jars. 2.6.1.SR1 does not contain these entries. Is there a reason for this? I suppose this is not a problem for people developing on a computer or LAN that is connected to the internet, but for those of us who are disconnected from the internet while developing, this is an issue. My workaround is to add an entry when I need it, but I'd rather have the plugin entries. Can anyone advise me why this has changed in the latest release, or if there is a way to get the plugin entries into the catalog?

Thanks,
    Steve

I created a bug entry for this, in case anyone else is interested in following this.

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1803

Comment

Hey!

As commented on the bug, this is by purpose. Having the XSDs from the IDE bundled Spring libraries in the Catalog causes confusion with projects having different versions of those libs in their classpath. Therefore we no longer add those XSDs automatically to the catalog, but load them from the classpath of the project.

-Martin

Comment

It seems like the removal of these entries from the catalog exposed this unexpected behavior that I detailed in STS-1803. I assume that this wasn't something that was introduced between 2.5 and 2.6. Granted, this is a unique use case, so the vast majority of users would probably never encounter it.

Comment

Working...
        X